• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    You can get by pretty well on 1 mre per day. That's not saying anything bad about mre's (well, not necessarily).

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    MRE's were designed to be a one a day meal, the average MRE packs in around 2000 calories, plus or minus. I know alot of guys who came back from deployment ALOT heavier than they left from sucking down three of them a day....

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    I don't need a bug out bag becuase I'm not going anywhere due to having three females in my household. It would be more of a pain in my arse to bug out w/ them. Anyway, I prefer to die at home if that what it comes to, because it will be a much better place by my Saviors side.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Water is heavy and unneeded to pack in packs. The truck box can be as heavy as needed. Iodine tablets for discovered fresh water, and the rest of the water can be obtained by primitive in ground stills and the occasional rain.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    My idea of a BOB is a pack that gives you what you need to get to a nearby, definite destination. If things are so bad that you're going to be traveling more than one day to get there, you're probably screwed, and I don't mean that in a good way. Right now my BOB is set up for living in Iraq. At home we keep slightly larger bags in our vehicles. The average American can easily survive 2 or 3 days without food (often more); probably do me more good than harm. However, you don't want to count on finding water when you really need it. Go two days without water and you're going to be in very deep trouble.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    hmm...after reading all this, i think im gonna go start a BOB of my own. always thought something like this would be a good idea.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I have my favorite book "All They Need is a Hug" by Ima Dumas Deemacratt, I don't own any guns or firearms because they are bad and I can always call 911 and Oprah will send someone to help...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom