• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I am contemplating selling one of my 9mm's to finance my AR upper purchase so I can get that show on the road sooner...

It is a 92FS (I think) that I have had for quite awhile... it has had one round fired by me and if Beretta test fires them that's two total shots. It came from the collection of a former Air Force pilot that sold off four identical ones that had never been shot.

I have the original box, original grips, high capacity clip, and the pistol. I put some Hogues on it and that is it, she sits in the box.

So never holstered, fired once by me, stored...

Opinions on value?

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    NIB 92FSs are going for around $625 on GunBroker. The used ones appear to be starting around $200 (with box, papers, etc.) but I'm sure those auctions will close higher than that. My Blue Book is too old to give you a quote from it, but someone out there may have a newer copy.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer. My best guess; $500.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I got mine, new with three magazines and night sights for 550 at a gun show 2 years ago.

I'd guess it might take a while to sell at $500, but I don't know. I'm not planning on selling mine.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    when tauraus came out with there version the 92fs went down in price anywhere from 300 to 500 depending on condition and accesories and mags. Or clips if you prefer.

beerpunk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Sugar Land
    Need to be more specific.....Italian or U.S made? Night sights? Slanted or straight dust cover? All metal parts? etc...If it's just standard stock 400 to 500 range would be fair.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    It's not a clip it's a magazine. And $400-$500 is what I'd suggest price wise. I'm not an expert on the 92's tho. Good luck.

Clip is only four letters and I do believe the usage is actually correct... as stated below...

clip (2)
    Meaning "receptacle containing several cartridges for a repeating firearm" is from 1901.

cartridge clip

Use cartridge clip in a Sentence

–noun a metal frame or container holding cartridges for a magazine rifle or automatic pistol.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    only worth $50 buts since i really want to help ya get that ar ill give ya $100 ;)

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Clip is only four letters and I do believe the usage is actually correct... as stated below...

clip (2)
    Meaning "receptacle containing several cartridges for a repeating firearm" is from 1901.

cartridge clip

–noun a metal frame or container holding cartridges for a magazine rifle or automatic pistol.
    Your definition is from 1901! When referencing a "clip" in regards to a hand gun "clip" is slang for magazine. A "clip" is something that holds rifle rounds by the case rim. a mag or magazine is something that the whole round goes into. the two are different. I'll try and find a picture that gives a great example.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX

clip (2)

cartridge clip

51840105.jpg

Clip is correct when applied to semi-auto rifles that do not accept a detachable magazine. It would also be correct if applied to a pistol that did not accept a detachable magazine. However the Beretta does use detachable magazines which is indeed the correct terminology.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Clip is correct when applied to semi-auto rifles that do not accept a detachable magazine. It would also be correct if applied to a pistol that did not accept a detachable magazine. However the Beretta does use detachable magazines which is indeed the correct terminology.

I guess I am having trouble with the english language again because all of the definitions I have been able to locate do not specify that...

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I got these from wikipedia but they are correct.
    Definition for "magazine" : A storage, transportation and feeding container for ammunition. Magazines can be fixed within the firearm, detachable, curved, storing anywhere from two rounds to upwards of a hundred. Magazines are generally spring-powered; that is, a spring pushes from the baseplate against the follower, pushing the cartridges upward to the feed guides, where a cartridge is stripped off and chambered one at a time. Modern usage interchanges 'magazine' with 'clip'. See also: cartridge clip
    Definition for "cartridge clip" : Technically, a clip is any type of cartridge-holding device used to load magazines (either fixed or detachable). Common usage, though, frequently interchanges the term 'clip' with 'magazine'. The first successful cartridge clip was invented by Austrian engineer Ferdinand von Mannlicher. Also known as a 'stripper clip' in military jargon, and as a 'charger' in England. See also: magazine
    Here is the link I got them from [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Magazine_(firearms[/URL])
    It is a discussion on Wikipedia.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    Looks like this thread has been hijacked by the mag/clip debate team. :sign0101:It's becoming groundhog day on this subject. Here we go again!!!!

Top Bottom