• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I had grubs this year and it looked like that. I put some of the grub killer and saw quick results. With a week or so the grass started filling in the dead spots.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    brown patch could just be irrigation. they make little spacers to raise your sprinkler head a bit.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Any idea on how much Diatomaceous earth to buy and what brand? My yard is terrible now and it will take a month for it to recover from this I imagine.
    I bought the bag that said grub killer and used the hand spreader. I did have to follow up a couple of months later. But my yard looks good.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Talked to the guy who is the goto guy in Tarrant county for things. He took a look at my 7 pictures for literally 5 seconds and even named the exact fungus species... I've used a spreader all over my yard tonight spreading the antifungal will water at 4 am and hopefully in a few weeks it clears up. Will keep everyone updated... Still bought a 50 pound bag of Diatomaceous just becuase its good stuff!

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    This is a timely thread. We've had a fair amount of rain here and I've been watering quite a bit but the front patch of St Augustine between the street and sidewalk is struggling in spots. We have two newer live oak trees there and my neighbor that I share this patch of grass with has evidently given up on watering.

I chalked up the spots, which are a light tan color to water stress because that area doesn't hold much water. I figure my neighbors lawn is fighting for the water along with the trees.

I've increased the watering in that zone but maybe this is a bug or fungus problem.

I figure I was due to fertilize anyway so I was also going to try that.

It's driving me nuts, I know that much and of course it's right in front. I really don't like lawns...

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Went outside to snap a picture and decided to go digging in the dry grass. Sure enough the little bastards are everywhere. I'm going to go pick up some pesticide for both my front lawn and my neighbor's. I feel better at least knowing what the problem is and it makes complete sense that the grass looks water stressed even though it's gotten plenty of irrigation.

Appreciate everyone's advice!

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    20180711_152212-1612x1209.jpg

One of the dry spots.

20180711_152257-1209x1612.jpg

One of the little jerks running away after digging in the grass. Definitely a chinch bug.

Little do they know their days are numbered. Hopefully I can get them killed soon and then get my grass rehabbed.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    now that I think of it... I have some newer dry spots. Not your typical dried out look. I'll try to get some pics this weekend, but here they are from the security cam
    0972f85c0098915a965b05f83a8c30f9.jpg
    2bb358bcb9d3686d3323ff736e601559.jpg

ETA: my line trimmer is in for warranty work. I finally mowed but don't judge the stragglers around the A/C units!

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    now that I think of it... I have some newer dry spots. Not your typical dried out look. I'll try to get some pics this weekend, but here they are from the security cam View attachment 143169 View attachment 143170

ETA: my line trimmer is in for warranty work. I finally mowed but don't judge the stragglers around the A/C units!

Sent from my SIG Sauer

What security cams do you have? Anyway, that bottom picture by the bumper cover, that definitely looks like something not related to drought.

Top Bottom