Guns International

What's the best tactical style .308 bolt action rifle under $800?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't know about a scout rifle as a "tack driver", it's meant to be more a "good enough" with quicker target acquisition.

The Ruger is undeniably sexy. I want one, too even though there are a few features I don't entirely like.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    go on...?

i basically fell in love with the size and appearance. im guesing since it is ruger there are some superfluos safeties or soemthing?

FeralTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    I believe my search should begin with the 700. I'll probably look at a Tikka T3, Marlin XS7, Sako 85, Finnlight TC Precision Hunter, Savage, and Howa. That Ruger is nice... has a M14 look.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    go on...?

i basically fell in love with the size and appearance. im guesing since it is ruger there are some superfluos safeties or soemthing?

No, I just wish it had a synthetic stock (not a huge fan of wood - it tends to be heavier in my experience) and that they'd gone with a different magazine system. Those AICS mags are expensive. Otherwise, it's perfect on paper IMO.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    No, I just wish it had a synthetic stock (not a huge fan of wood - it tends to be heavier in my experience) and that they'd gone with a different magazine system. Those AICS mags are expensive. Otherwise, it's perfect on paper IMO.

hmmm...

im sure with a bit of ingenuity you could use a more common .308 magazine but i tend t agree. expensive mags takes allt he fun out of it. i would also prefer a synthetic stock.

Top Bottom