??
    Guns International

Mate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Houston
    I hope I dont come off as a jerk, but -

TxEMPTP69, is your co-worker a shooter? What do they love about it?

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    there great if you need a hammer

FUNNY, but true ! I HAD one (1911 .45 ACP )and it couldn't hit the broad side of a barn ! This was about 20 years ago. I bought it new , for bout 200.00.

Only other gun I was HAPPY to sell was my Ruger P45. Like you said "a hammer"!

Most of the time, with guns, you get what you pay for

OldGringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    S.W. Houston Area
    My uncle had one in .380 back in the 60's. His was a great gun that shot reliably everytime the trigger was pulled. Now 40 years later I had the chance to pick one up on the cheap (relatively speaking) and it is junk. It will not shoot more than 3 rounds consecutively without FTF. I've had 3 different smith's work on it with no luck at all. I've flitz'd, buffed, polished, you name it. Needless to say results are the same regardless of ammo triedand no, it is not being limp wristed. Drop me a p.m. I'll sell it for $100 ;-) I probably could not even throw it straight!

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I hope I dont come off as a jerk, but -

TxEMPTP69, is your co-worker a shooter? What do they love about it?
    not a jerk at all... to be honest I have no clue, I'd never heard of Llama before she showed it to me, it's a .380, I know she shoots but how often she shoots it I don't know, she prefers her Taurus Judge on range trips from what I hear. She said she loved the lil gun when she showed it to me.

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've got a Llama .32ACP that was in my father's collection when he passed away. Don't know where or when he got it or aything about it's history. It's fun to shoot, accurate enough for a little mouse gun, and I've not had a FTE or FTF with it yet (have only shot FMJ rounds). Not a fancy or high quality pistol but it does what I need it to do. From what I've seen/heard about Llamas, quality was kind of hit or miss depending on when in the company's history a particular firearm was made.

shooter z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    Dallas
    I have a Llama Martial .38 4" revolver I love this darling It's a 1978/79 model and has been checked over thoroughly by a gunsmithand is 100 percent good. He told me some were crap but he checked mine out and said it was good. Right on the money for shooting infact when I did armed securiy it was my carry piece for almost a year and a half and still keep by the bedside as my night gun

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My uncle had one in .380 back in the 60's. His was a great gun that shot reliably everytime the trigger was pulled. Now 40 years later I had the chance to pick one up on the cheap (relatively speaking) and it is junk. It will not shoot more than 3 rounds consecutively without FTF. I've had 3 different smith's work on it with no luck at all. I've flitz'd, buffed, polished, you name it. Needless to say results are the same regardless of ammo triedand no, it is not being limp wristed. Drop me a p.m. I'll sell it for $100 ;-) I probably could not even throw it straight!

50 +shipping is my final offer after what ive read :)

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    I used to have a Llama .45 1911 and it worked OK. It was real particular about the magazine and the condition of the mag lips. If they weren't perfectly aligned, it jammed a lot.

I guess that means that the mag was cheap because I spent a lot of time dinking on it with a pair of needle nose pliers. The lips would go out of true just by shooting the silly thing. At the time, I wasn't that into pistol shooting so I never took the next step of getting a different mag.

I did some research on the Llama company and I remember one article said that the Italian Govt. had actually asked them to improve the quality of their product. Apparently, Llama was giving a bad name to the Italian gun business.

This was several years ago and I can't find the article now.

I sold it for $200 and used the money for my Remmy 700 which I love.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom