Patriot Mobile

Whats the least pleasant gun you've shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    If you stand and use good form when you shoot the big bores they do not beat you up.

When you are seated and shooting them, YOU receive 100% of the recoil.
    Also prone.....

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Most Cape Buffalo & leopards are shot pretty close up.

Sitting up all night in the pitch black drinking Bio Plus to stay awake as your P.Hs snores is exciting shit. Hearing a leopard near your bait & not seeing it with night vision multiplies the excitement. Seeing the tracks around the bait in the morning light is speciall too.

I forgot to mention P.H.'s put up a listening device & red light on a rheostat by the bait.

http://bioplus.co.za/effervescent/
    Try doing it the way Jim Corbett did.......in Man-eaters of Kumoan....just tie up a live goat and wait in the dark.

cmg88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Austin
    For me the most unpleasant has to be the AMT .45 Backup DAO. No enjoyable part.
    Painful goes to the OP's .45/.410 Derringer. One round and it stands up and digs a hole in the webbing of your hand. Painful that was not the guns fault is a Browning .22 pistol. The first semi I ever shot. Did not know what a slide was. It came back and made a deep clean "U" shaped cut into my thumb. Seemed like it bled for days. Never hold your thumb up to steady a shot.
    Just curious, what were your quips with the AMT .45 Back Up? I just inherited one and I've seen a few people that don't like it, but trying to figure out why... heavy trigger someone said. TIA for your opinion!

PopPop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2020
    Leander, Tx
    In an earlier post I said it would have to be the Smith 929PD. However, I changed my mind, it would have to be the Charters Bulldog 44 special. I've owned at least two that I can remember and both made me bleed. Very unpleasant to shoot and quick follow- up shots were not possible.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    look-fuckery-fuckery.jpg

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When those were first announced, I promised TGT (in a thread that no longer exists) that I would buy one and write a range report. When I finally held one at an NRA Annual Meeting it was immediately obvious to me that they weren't designed for human hands. I declined to buy one.

Now, here's what gets me. They made at least one single-barrel version of that pistol in 7.62x39 that they showed at industry events. Did that variant ever make it into distribution? If it did, who in the bloody hell would ever buy one? I'd shoot one, just one shot, if it were offered to me but I can't imagine actually spending the money to buy one.

PS - Serious question - Did you ever try .45 softball (185-grain SWCs with a light load, intended solely for traditional target shooting) in the thing? If I had gotten one, it was my plan to start with the target loads. I was prepared to abort all further testing if the recoil was too unpleasant with the stuff designed purely for punching paper.
    I know you asked that a few years ago, but...

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    S&W 500 without a doubt. Fired one round and with lack of a fractured forearm, I assumed I needed a better grip. Second shot, with a potential radial fracture, I decided it was in my opinion a potential carbine round, but not for a handgun.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    @robertc1024 His little 9x18 was very unpleasant to shoot, pretty sure that's the one he mentioned on page 1. Not sure why, but the recoil impulse on that thing was atrocious at best. It was also the only handgun I've ever fired that gave me slide bite. A single shot H&R 12 gauge with 3 inch shells also comes to mind. I also have some 460gr Grizzly ammo 45-70+p rounds that are quite unpleasant to shoot out of my guide gun.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    @robertc1024 His little 9x18 was very unpleasant to shoot, pretty sure that's the one he mentioned on page 1. Not sure why, but the recoil impulse on that thing was atrocious at best. It was also the only handgun I've ever fired that gave me slide bite. A single shot H&R 12 gauge with 3 inch shells also comes to mind. I also have some 460gr Grizzly ammo 45-70+p rounds that are quite unpleasant to shoot out of my guide gun.

it is literally the worst gun to ever fire. I will stand by that until something else proves me wrong.

kmcn762

That guy with the milsurps
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Pflugerville
    Mine would have to be my French Berthier MLE 1892. Big old 8mm cartridge in a 16in barrel, under 7lb carbine with a hard metal buttplate. One or two clips and I'm done.
    berthierbayooff.jpg

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Not me but one of the funniest videos I have ever seen shooting a big caliber gun. Lots of funny shooter responses but the last shooter gets his turban completely knocked off is head.

Last edited:

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    .45-70 revolver with a 4" barrel. I was at gathering of people and got cajoled into shooting it. One shot, and one shot only. I don't even remember who made it, and I don't care.

Top Bottom