What's up with Front Sight?

Oct 13, 2008
Austin
Over the years I've seen ads for Front Sight training. I always had other priorities that took precedence.

I filled out a request for their marketing materials and got the packet recently. My wife and I watched the DVD last night. It's very inspirational and Ignatius Piazza is a marketing whiz - we were pretty stoked about getting involved, so I started to research them. Then I read lots of stuff about lawsuits, promises not kept, etc., but most of that info is 2-5 years old.

Can anyone give me a current update on Front Sight? Anyone here been there within the last year?

Thanks!

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I came across to much negative and too much stuff I kept getting pointed to money making marketing as the priority. Oh, and expensive, as a lot of the issues pointed too, that he tried/tries to make it our as a very elite outfit. Yet I'd get deals emailed that showed he'd discount to $0.10 on the dollar if you didn't get hooked on the elite outfit, elite price gag.

There's a lot of really good training closer to home for a lot less money.

Oct 13, 2008
Austin
I came across to much negative and too much stuff I kept getting pointed to money making marketing as the priority. Oh, and expensive, as a lot of the issues pointed too, that he tried/tries to make it our as a very elite outfit. Yet I'd get deals emailed that showed he'd discount to $0.10 on the dollar if you didn't get hooked on the elite outfit, elite price gag.

There's a lot of really good training closer to home for a lot less money.
Who would you recommend?

Thanks!

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I can't recall the name of the place, but it's out west of Fort Worth that I've heard a lot of good things about. It's much like Front Sight.

Someone here I believe attended back in early summer also.

I just noticed your sig line. I'd think you might have contacts though training resources also?

I'll try to dig up the name of the place.

fm2

Event Coordinator
Apr 27, 2008
FreedomJoyAdventure, good job researching. There are a number of training options in Texas.

The place W of Ft. Worth may be Tac Pro shooting center?
They have a really good training program there. If, you go, tell Gomez I said Howdy.

Tactical Firearms Training | 1000 Yard Shooting Range | Tac Pro Shooting Center

Another outstanding place to train is Paul Howe's school in Nacogdoches.
CSAT- Combat Shooting And Tactics

There's also KR training near Austin that has some excellent training options.
KR Training

Oct 13, 2008
Austin
FreedomJoyAdventure, good job researching. There are a number of training options in Texas.

The place W of Ft. Worth may be Tac Pro shooting center?
They have a really good training program there. If, you go, tell Gomez I said Howdy.

Tactical Firearms Training | 1000 Yard Shooting Range | Tac Pro Shooting Center

Another outstanding place to train is Paul Howe's school in Nacogdoches.
CSAT- Combat Shooting And Tactics

There's also KR training near Austin that has some excellent training options.
KR Training
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Yeah, my wife and I like to research all major purchases. God, I love the Internet. Disappointing to read about so many issues with Front Sight, though. I really liked what Ignatius Piazza had to say in his video.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I really liked what Ignatius Piazza had to say in his video.
That's how he makes so much money.

Tac Pro is one I was thinking of. But I think there's another out there. My memory sucks. I'll keep digging, because their web-site doesn't look like what I remember. Maybe it's just been redone. The location looks about right.

fm2

Event Coordinator
Apr 27, 2008
Bill, the owner of Tac-Pro was an SBS (Special Boat Service) member & Paul Howe was a Delta Force guy. So, they are both special forces guys. Those type fellas are known for their ability to be effective, not for marketing skills.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members