• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I do alot of web searches for ammo, especially my SD ammo, but every once in a while I like to look at the pictures (no not adult related stuff, already know where some ya'lls mind are going!) of the expanded bullets and I used to be able to find pages upon pages of pics of Black Talons, HSTs and Rangers and I cant find but jsut a handful of pages and they dont even have a pic of the expanded bullets on them. WTF Chuck?
    DK Firearms

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    Google is pretty anti gun, probably censoring the pictures...I've found some good photos of such over at Brassfetcher.com, just make sure you go to the older page, they hardly have anything up on the new page.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I doubt they are censoring the pictures. Google has been reworking their algorithm lately for their indexing engine. They might be testing it, or they might have tweaked there existing index.

Google is notorious for magically changing it's rankings and index results every so often.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    No problems here.

expanded bullets - Google Images

Oddly enough, playing with their "safe search" did affect the results just slightly. Going from "off" (I'm a big boy; I don't think that seeing boobies by accident is going to scar me) to "strict", one of the results disappeared (a pic showing a phone book that'd been hit), and a couple others got shuffled. The odd thing is that I followed the pic that disappeared back to its original link, which was at THR (the .org). WTF?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    if you use google you are hurting all of us!!
    hehe ok ill get off the soap box before i get to worked up, but check out [url]http://www.scroogle.org[/URL]
    it give you scroogle results but deletes the logs of what you search within 24 hours, no spam adds or adsense BS to worry about.
    i use scroogle exclusively fro searching stuff. especially gun related stuff.
    read some of the material they have on there as well. very interesting and unnerving stuff.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Hell, I was trying to find a non-liberal search engine, but try doing that with a liberal search engine. :banghead:

I think it may be my antivirus program as well thats causing it, because my searchs are ran through it first before display. My wife has so many different programs on here for anti spyware, virus protection, key loggers... Yeah, she's a little paranoid that the 14 year old daughter is doing something that she shouldnt be, or me for that matter. I guess after you have to reformat a computer as many times as she has due to viruses you tend to get a little cranky. So we're actually probably a little over protected.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    I feel her pain about the re-form at issue. We have 13 and 14 year old sons here.....I tried a little experiment (with wifey approval of course).

After last re-format of family computer, drove to Hastings and did a little "Gentleman Shopping"....Playboy only, came home and "discreetly" placed in bottom drawer of communal bathroom right next to throne with the drawer slightly out....

Guess what? 9 months and counting....no more re-formatiing, computer is clean as a whistle. Every so often I'll recycle old reading material and replace.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Well, after her getting pissed off at me for doing my searches online she finally came to the realization that its not going to stop, so I finally got to dust off the old rags and things between her and I have been sooooo much smoother. As Rodney Carrington once said and I am paraphrasing for the sake of the forum, "Now if someone wouldve just gave that big bastard a hand, he wouldve been much happier" and after saying that he sighed like Barney the Dinosaur...

Top Bottom