• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I just looked up the dates and found out that the Saxet gun shows are cancelled for the rest of the year. Anyone know why?

Sean.
    Gun Zone Deals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Lakeway, Tx
    Copied from e-mail I received.

All Shows at the Crockett Center in Austin are Canceled

Due to a conflict between our landlord and the building owner, the Crockett Center has been closed.
    We were notified of this on Monday afternoon October 5, 2009.
    We opened negations with the building owner but were unable to make a deal at this time.
    We are sorry for the trouble this will cause for every one.
    Please pass the word around.
    We are looking for a new location and already have a few possibilities.

All other shows on the schedule will continue as planned.

In January we will be moving our San Antonio show to the
    San Antonio Event Center
    Located at 410 and Marbach

And we will be going back the First Weekend of Every Month !!!! in San Antonio

There will be a gun show at The Waco Convention Center in Waco, Tx. on October 17 - 18
    this show is promoted by the Original Fort Worth Gun Show group and it will be a good show.

The Next scheduled SAXET GUN SHOW will be in San Antonio at the Freeman Coliseum
    November 14 - 15 and also on December 5 - 6

Thank You ,

Todd
    Saxet Gun Shows

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ok im confused, so the other gun show will be there now?? Or this is just a special show? Why not have a show in:

The old HEB building in RR at 79 & 35

The Sportsmans Warehouse in RR

Old Albertsons in G-town 35 & 2338

Wolf Ranch in G-town Southwest corner of 35 & 29 in G-town. They have had large stores move out recently.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Here is what I got from a friend at APD yesterday. The Crocket center stopped paying their rent and were locked out of the building by HEB who owns the property. The person who rents the other side of the building for the swap meet place took over the lease on the whole building and made a deal with Texas Gun Shows...

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Here is what I got from a friend at APD yesterday. The Crocket center stopped paying their rent and were locked out of the building by HEB who owns the property. The person who rents the other side of the building for the swap meet place took over the lease on the whole building and made a deal with Texas Gun Shows...

Ok so that means it will still be there??

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Ok im confused, so the other gun show will be there now?? Or this is just a special show? Why not have a show in:

Wolf Ranch in G-town Southwest corner of 35 & 29 in G-town. They have had large stores move out recently.

Sportmsman warehouse would be an awesome host facility... Too bad that place went under...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    SAXET and Texas Gun Shows have a long-runnin' feud. Pretty much any time they have an opportunity to mess with each other, they will. Texas got the Saxet venue in Austion, Saxet got the Texas venue in SA......

TXPTuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Round Rock, TX, USA
    I just got back from the Texas Gun Shows event in Austin, TX. What a huge rip off. I should have known something was up when the parking lot is less than half full. When in and asked the lady taking money if there were any vendors in there that dealt in grips. She said there were some, but she could say for sure which were there. All I had to do was pay $7.00 and I could run in there and take a look. $7.00 and 5 minutes later I was back out asking for a refund or free admission to next month's show. The place is more than half empty and only 2 or 3 dedicated gun vendors. A few independent weekender and trinket vendors thrown in for good measure. After talking with the cashier, promoter's right hand man and the promoter, I was told no to the refund and that I was the only unhappy customer they've had. Three times I got the excuses that it was Texas-Oklahoma weekend, they didn't have time to put together a show, the vendors went to the Waco show, Saxet lost their lease and we good guys are stepping in to host the monthly show. To quote the promoter, "I have to pay the lease." The promoter is in for the quick buck and doesn't mind cheating their customers. Take my story at face value as it is just my experience. Do NOT go to Texas Gun Show's event in Austin this week or any other week in my opinion. Maybe the promoter will offer me a refund or free admission once he comes to his senses.

VMJade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Austin
    . Three times I got the excuses that it was Texas-Oklahoma weekend, they didn't have time to put together a show, the vendors went to the Waco show, Saxet lost their lease and we good guys are stepping in to host the monthly show. To quote the promoter, "I have to pay the lease." The promoter is in for the quick buck and doesn't mind cheating their customers. Take my story at face value as it is just my experience. Do NOT go to Texas Gun Show's event in Austin this week or any other week in my opinion. Maybe the promoter will offer me a refund or free admission once he comes to his senses.

Look, I personally would have given you a pass for the next show, but I can see their point- it was a last-minute issue, it was a relatively small show, but not the smallest I've been to by any stretch of the imagination, and with so few vendors, they really can't afford to do refunds.

Unfortunately, it's getting to the point that we as shooters need to decide whether it's really worth it to go to gun shows at all- they bring political heat, the prices have become less and less competitive over the years, and we have the internet now.

Personally, I like them for the very reason that the internet is such a good thing- it's a chance to be around people who know more about weapons than I do, and strike up a conversation. That's why I pay the $5-10 to get in. However, I never feel that I'm owed something just because I paid to be in there.

Also, if I recall correctly, the girl that sold you the ticket told you the truth. There were vendors that had a small to modest selection of grips at the show. No disrespect, but I'm not certain why a refund would have been justified?

Like I said, I'd have given you a pass to next month's show, because I want to get back to selling tickets- but I really don't see the point of your complaint.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Well that answers my question- thanks-

Any of those other locations would be good-
    Especially the 79 & 35 locale-
    Problem is it is owned by HEB so that might present a problem if HEB really does own the Crockett Center land-
    Originally that was the location of the first Sam's Warehouse in Austin
    THe south show is way too small and its the fault of the sponsor not marketing it worth a darn- Ought to make the tables real cheap for the vendors first then folks will follow- not the other way around.
    I will be glad that SAXET is moving from Crockett whenever they do manage to re-start- PArking was nuts for several years.
    Hopefully when they find a new place they will get the word out properly-

Mark

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Hopefully it will be a little bigger than the one on William Cannon. That one was not worth the $7.00 IMHO.

Darn right. That one on south I-35 a couple months ago wasn't worth the 60 mile round trip I made from Round Rock.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Word.

TxnByBrth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Georgetown
    Georgetown Location

The old Albertson's building on the corner of I-35 and 2338 is now owned by the City of Georgetown...given WilCo's general predisposition I believe the city would welcome any offers on the building...lease or sale.

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    Well I heard their were ill feelings along the line and saxet lost the crockett.Now texas gunshows takes over they will need to advertise well to maintain an excellent job saxet was doing.Texas gunshows are not going to have anymore shows at the william cannon thank god as they could not get enough venders to come set up tables.I stopped setting up at the william cannon and did set up at the crockett and enjoyed the crowd that came in and bought.For now the place is full of venders and if saxet doesnt add a new place in austin crockett might pull in a few more venders.

Top Bottom