• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Yep I agree with you there-.40 has been stacked up on tables & shelves for at least 3 months. I strolled through for grins not expecting anything so was not surprised.
    There was the usual gun/political tables and folks expounding on this and that, the normal ranting thinking about Obama going to do this or that without any regard for facts- ignorance was indeed in high gear for a few of them- Glad no videos are allowed
    As far as the Saxet "story" overheard-

Back when the disagreement over the new lease Saxet wanted it lowered reasoning the A/C had been an issue all summer. HEB wanted more so they had a parting of the ways and the other gunshow sponsor scooped it up at the new price. It appears the majority of the Saxet vendors are not coming up for this show, looks like they are opting instead for another venue in SA- So SA may have 2 per month at times It was stated by a vendor that Saxet did not immediately begin hunting another venue and it doesn't appear to have anything on the horizon at this time.
    Since the falling out was indeed with HEB as mentioned earlier in this thread my wishful thinking of a move to the empty one in Round Rock just ain't gonna happen- darn it.
    Lynx Defense

pwrincross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Pflugerville,TX
    I went to the gun show and I will never attend one of the Texas Gun Shows again. I wouldnt even have put the amount of vendors as filling half of the hall. It was very small and I didnt see anything. I will visit shows out of town from now on. I was spoiled by the SAXET Gun shows. I didnt know how good they were until this guy came onto town. Dont waste your money!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The new, larger SAXET venue in SA really drew a crowd. We went yesterday morning and it was packed, and it only got worse as the day went on!

I don't know if that will have a positive or negative impact on any future Austin shows, but I have to say I was quite surprised at the turnout! The old location--Freeman Coliseum--usually did pretty well; but considering we just finished the holidays and I expected everyone to be broke like myself, the size of the crowd at the SA Event Center was just unbelievable!

And it just can't be because pf the free parking!

Top Bottom