• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Well, he is and always has been a Democrat.....I'm not surprised.

and he does need free publicity for the place...

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I am more a rock than country fan. He did catch me with Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue and i really Liked Beer For my Horses ( A song about old west Vigilantes and modern day criminals) so much for his phony nostalgia.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, seeing as the OP story seems to be a non story.......What's the deal with wounded warrior?i haven't heard or seen anything anti-gun from them but I never looked for it either. Do they use donations to the wounded warrior program to run anti gun campaigns or support Anti gun candidates?

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I don't think Wounded Warrior is anti gun...TK does some good things and that's one of them.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Wounded Warrior Project is anti-gun. They refuse donations from "gun" groups because it may be too traumatic for the warriors they decided to own. Started digging when our $32k was sent back and found that ours wasn't the only one. There is other interesting stuff...such has the huge salary Dear Wounded Warrior Leader pays himself, his staff (each with six figure salaries, including...oddly enough...a former head of the VA), and the minimal pass through (which claims their fundraising efforts as "education" and so computes it as part of their benefits paid) to actual, you know, wounded warriors. They pull in around $180,000,000 per year and force anyone who offers anything (aircraft flight time, trips, etc) to sign NDA even if they are donating the whole cost so WWP can take the credit.

Tom Gresham had some fun with this antigun fun: Wounded Warrior Project Appears on Gun Talk Radio to Address Anti-Gun Stance | POMA - Together, we're doing great things!

Wounded Warrior Project Email Exchange

Wounded Warrior Project In Not So Many Words Admits It Is Anti Gun

As part of a "gun" group that had WWP return a check (not big cash, just $32,000) because we were "gun people"...despite what WWP said in the Gresham interview...I've been watching this with some amusement. And donating money to people who do not run prime time ads on major networks. Those networks may not be interested in researching this themselves because...well...they are being very well paid for those extra-long commercial spots...

Like most financial records, their books are "cooked" rather well but that is another story. One example: They outsource much of their activities to other "charity" groups like American Red Cross and claim that as 100% pass through to the wounded warriors even though the greedy fingers of the Red Cross suck off cash for their own projects (and their CEO's $600k salary and six weeks of paid vacation).

Charity Navigator Rating - Wounded Warrior Project

Fisher House. Wounded Marine Fund. Do your own homework and don't let the dog and pony shows on TV draw your cash by trotting out limbless soldiers like tame lions.

Alex

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks, for the heads up. I will look in to this a little more.

Honestly, the amount of money making it through to the soldiers will have more effect on my do actions than not allowing certain donations in this case.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks for posting that Alex. I can see I need to do more research on WWP..

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    WWP loses 48% of donations to overhead and fundraising costs. Also significant charges of nepotism. Just give straight to Fisher House.

Sent from a device that makes a tricorder look quaint.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    WWP has also returned checks to Christian organizations making donations. I guess they only want money from anti-gun Muslims.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I received this reply from them a while back to an email I sent to them.

“WWP does not co-brand, create cause marketing campaigns or receive a percentage or a portion of proceeds from companies in which the product or message is sexual, political or religious in nature, or from alcohol or weapons companies.”

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom