• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    We went shopping @ H-E-B yesterday in Mexia, Texas. I see a tin of butter cookies on the shelf and grab them. Opening them I notice they are Limited Holiday Edition Christmas cookies targeting Hispanics. So y'all are say WTF it's H-E-B sure they target hispanics seeing as they are Texas Based!

Middle of the bottom of the tin Made in India!
    Military Camp

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    We went shopping @ H-E-B yesterday in Mexia, Texas. I see a tin of butter cookies on the shelf and grab them. Opening them I notice they are Limited Holiday Edition Christmas cookies targeting Hispanics. So y'all are say WTF it's H-E-B sure they target hispanics seeing as they are Texas Based!

Middle of the bottom of the tin Made in India!
    HEB can market to whomever will buy their products, no different than midwest towns with high number of Polish or Scandinavian emigrants selling cultural items or even Fredericksberg with its German culture. Texas has Hispanic families that predate these USA. There is a good reason for the term texmex...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    HEB can market to whomever will buy their products, no different than midwest towns with high number of Polish or Scandinavian emigrants selling cultural items or even Fredericksberg with its German culture. Texas has Hispanic families that predate these USA. There is a good reason for the term texmex...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think Baboon was being sarcastic about the cookies being imported from India. Not that HEB is targeting a certain ethnic group.

rusty tweezers

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Seems like when I have to go in the heb that’s pretty much all I see is those people. He called it right. Kinda like the shitty walfart here that attracts all the shitpiles and trailer trash and bums that do nothing but steal stuff. It’s a area thing. We go to one in south Tulsa/Bixby and it’s like a different store Totally . very little Turds walking around.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I work in Mexia. With about a third of the population being of Mexican origin, you'd be a fool NOT to target them.....

....and I wouldn't doubt they would be selling last year's Christmas cookies. You'd be surprised to see some of the stuff at the back of their shelves. Plus, they have live birds flying around in the rafters of the store.

Which restaurant did you eat at while in Mexia?

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I'd be more concerned about the "Limited Holiday Edition" if it's targeting last Christmas.

Or am I making an assumption and it's for some other holiday?
    maybe
    Sinko De Mayo 50.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I work in Mexia. With about a third of the population being of Mexican origin, you'd be a fool NOT to target them.....

....and I wouldn't doubt they would be selling last year's Christmas cookies. You'd be surprised to see some of the stuff at the back of their shelves. Plus, they have live birds flying around in the rafters of the store.

Which restaurant did you eat at while in Mexia?
    My bitch is why in the phuc do they have to buy cookies from India! With Bimbo owning Mrs. Bairds & Mondelez International owning Nabisco plus most candy companies being in Mexico.

We have ate @ 3 different places in Mexia, and none of them are worth a return IMHO! Farm House was bland, the Asian buffet suck and Drilling rig was fair. The Crispy Fried Chicken place seems to be pretty busy. The only thing Sonic has that I would buy is a slush if I have vodak with me.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    If you have a significant percentage of certain demographic in your area, and you cater to the public, it just makes good business sense to target that demographic with products that they might buy, but others might not.
    Funny how you understand that but Albertsons Safeway is clueless!

Top Bottom