• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    A surgeon friend went to Mumbai to teach a surgical technique she had devised.

She was there for a week and scrupulously avoided eating or drinking anything that could give her Delhi belly. Only bottled water, etc.

So far so good, until she got on the plane for the ride home.

She ate the food served on the long plane ride and man oh man did she ever get rip roaring sick and had to be hospitalized for 4 days.

After all her care in avoiding sick making food, she'd forgotten the victuals on the plane were locally sourced.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    My bitch is why in the phuc do they have to buy cookies from India! With Bimbo owning Mrs. Bairds & Mondelez International owning Nabisco plus most candy companies being in Mexico.

We have ate @ 3 different places in Mexia, and none of them are worth a return IMHO! Farm House was bland, the Asian buffet suck and Drilling rig was fair. The Crispy Fried Chicken place seems to be pretty busy. The only thing Sonic has that I would buy is a slush if I have vodak with me.
    You pretty much hit the same opinions I have of those restaurants. Countryside Cafe is pretty good on most things. El Patio is decent, but unremarkable Mexican food. Montes makes a good breakfast burrito. Frankie's is the best Italian food outside of Waco. And Joe Friday's is a cute diner with decent burgers.

That said, you can find better in Buffalo, Fairfield, and Groesbeck....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You pretty much hit the same opinions I have of those restaurants. Countryside Cafe is pretty good on most things. El Patio is decent, but unremarkable Mexican food. Montes makes a good breakfast burrito. Frankie's is the best Italian food outside of Waco. And Joe Friday's is a cute diner with decent burgers.

That said, you can find better in Buffalo, Fairfield, and Groesbeck....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The Pharm in Buffalo burger was shit! The meat texture was the first time I thought pink slime. I liked El Corral. Heard Gilliam Groceries has a good burger, but walked out.

Reality was were we lived in Houston had great place of food I never learned to cook. I’m not scared of trying different ethnic foods and we ate it up!

Learning to use my Kamado I think I have figured out great bar b que. My wife wouldn’t eat bar b que, but she does now! While giving a choice between Bellair Broiler Burger and mine I’d go with Broiler Burger. My burgers ain’t bad. I turn lots of leftover smoked meats into Mexican food.

I just put a huge eye of roast into brine for Saturday. Tomorrow depending on how I feel after yard work I might marinate grill some pineapple, chipotle with garlic & thyme pork tenderloins

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    A surgeon friend went to Mumbai to teach a surgical technique she had devised.

She was there for a week and scrupulously avoided eating or drinking anything that could give her Delhi belly. Only bottled water, etc.

So far so good, until she got on the plane for the ride home.

She ate the food served on the long plane ride and man oh man did she ever get rip roaring sick and had to be hospitalized for 4 days.

After all her care in avoiding sick making food, she'd forgotten the victuals on the plane were locally sourced.
    She could have simply touched a surface one of the hand wipers touched and rubbed her eye and contracted a nasty norovirus. We had a brand new crew of cooks/housekeepers from India at the company villa in Bahrain one trip home. They noro’ed 4 crews ( arriving and departing) before they got training on toilet paper and washing their hands after shitting. One of the reasons I never ate any prepared food at the villa during our crew change transitions. Still caught it though. Glad the intestinal explosions waited until after the plane landed back in the states.
    Glad she got better.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Wow!! My Mom and Dad are buried in Mexia. I try to go once a year and spend some time at their grave. It’s a 4 hour drive for me. The last time I was there I ate at some mom and pop looking place not too far from the cemetery that had some really good food. I hate to hear that it’s gotten that bad there!!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Wow!! My Mom and Dad are buried in Mexia. I try to go once a year and spend some time at their grave. It’s a 4 hour drive for me. The last time I was there I ate at some mom and pop looking place not too far from the cemetery that had some really good food. I hate to hear that it’s gotten that bad there!!
    You know it’s not good when Sonic or Burger King get equal ratings of the places people tell you are good!

Farm House might be the best that Mexia has to offer, I have been twice. Seafood plater batter was bland, CFS was oily and lacking meat! I don’t mind pinto beans, but don’t offer them with everything!

We had breakfast at The Drilling Rig. It wasn’t bad, but it was not memorable. My wife throws down a better breakfast, and cooking was never her thing!

I remember everywhere we ate was high for what we received! I was happy the Asian Buffet did not make me sick!

Jim’s Crispy Fried Cicken seems to be rocking everything we drive past! Looks like they are operating under COVID guideline. I’m not standing in line outside or carrying it 40 minutes home to eat it cold! Ain’t eating in the car either.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    What’s wrong with America?
    Being the land of the Free it has given every illegal the right to reside here.
    They reside here they work here they own businesses here they soon are elected here. Therefore they begin to run the here.

Top Bottom