• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balloo93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    ^^ I Agree with the SKS and Glock very reliable weapons! Now i haven't used an SKS but how does it compare to an AK-47? Which would be a better choice?

SKS is longer and heavier. Also limited by mag load out and capacity. If you aren't going to convert it to run 20rd tapco mags or can't get you hands on some good quality 20rds, you will want to get real good at loading stripper clips.

If you are on the move the AK would be a better choice. If you are stationary and looking for a defense, patrol, and hunting the SKS would work.

dglockster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Glock32.jpg

BlkLftKobra.jpg

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    If I could only have one to hunt, and defend myself, I would choose a 12 gauge shotgun. I would expect that post SHTF, hunting would be a bigger priority than engaing in regular firefights.
    Shotgun can kill all manner of flying beasts and small game.

As far as a rifle I would be equally comfortable with an AK or an AR....I believe that the AK may be more practical in the situation you describe.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Something of the same caliber and make of the enemy....help to mask my shots against theirs. A trained soldier can easily differentiate between the unique sounds of the weapons that they aren't themselves shooting - even if they're of the same caliber.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Any modern rifle in .223 or .308 and any modern pistol in 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP. I would hate to find 5.45x39 or 7.62x39 stateside in a SHTF situation.

TexasBoy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Sugarland,Texas
    Have any of you used Arsenal's SGL-21? I heard thats the most reliable AK(M) on the market right now. Correct me if i'm wrong. The thing is the price. Is there any other AK variant that is as reliable but cheaper?

Top Bottom