• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ive been struggling with which model of 10/22 to build or buy. Then it dawned on me, 22 pistols are more fun to shoot, accurate enough for my purposes and way more compact and handy.

Extra points for pix.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Beretta Neos. Looks futuristic, eats any ammo, and is cheap and fun to shoot.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Ruger Single Six with two cylinders: .22 LR and .22 Magnum.

Only pay for one gun on the range, but shoot two different cartridges!

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    I love my Rugers, Buckmark and Trailside but my favorite is the High Standard GB simply because it belonged to my dad.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ruger MKII currently.
    My all time favorite was a Magnum Research Mountain Eagle. Late '80s manufacture.
    Magazines became a bear to find, so I parted with it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I had a Neos that I really liked except that the grip felt a little small and the safety dug in to my hand.

Good points: inexpensive, reliable, very easy to do a home trigger job, full rail if you want to add an optic, easy field strip, no malfunctions running dirty(1000+rounds without cleaning or oil)

Bad: I didn't care for the factory sights(front post seemed too wide), safety, small grip for me.

I did fix the safety issue by removing part of the left side with a die grinder and polishing. Looked good and easy.

Now I have a Ruger 22/45 MKIII

Good: it should last forever, accurate, comes with removable rail for optics, normal Ruger good stuff

Bad: it seems WWB HP will have a feedi g problem from time to time, grip is a little slim for my taste, stupid mag disconnect prevents mags from dropping free (can be removed relatively cheap), PITA field strip

Favorite of all time was a slab side 22/45 MKII

Grip was wider, closer to full size gun, ate everything with out a hiccup, accurate, good sights, I would trade my mark 3 for another mark2 in a heartbeat. Same PITA takedown though.

My next one will probably be an M&P 22.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    M&P 22 is a lot of fun. Very accurate and good grip.

Im considering getting the 22/45 threaded w rails. I do like the Rugers for their tanklike build but prefer the more modern designs. Considering an SR22 also.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Either one of these...top is an S&W 6" K22 (M17-3) and the bottom a K22 4" (M18-3). Both out of production, but easy to find in nice shape. Superbly accurate and indestructible if cared for.
    Bob

17.gif

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    .22 pistol ? now THIS is a .22 pistol.....:

001_zps657200e4.jpg

the Rebel is made by Tactical Innovations, Inc, and is based on the now out of production Ruger Charger (which, in turn, is based on the famous Ruger 10-22 long gun - all internals are interchangeable with the 10-22) - the Rebel however uses TI's billet machined internals and their hicap mag and finned and tapered barrel

I'm going to use mine in competition with my Wife, who will be shooting her new Savage model 93 .17HMR w/Weaver Scope (and I think she's gonna kick my rear on the range.....)

Last edited:

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I'll fudge a little and submit my SIG P229R that I have chambered in 22lr and 9mm. Upgraded one mag to 15 rounds with a stronger spring as well. Great to be able to use the same platform for 22lr and 9mm...probably takes 30 seconds to swap over. NOT an inexpensive way to get a 22lr pistol, I'll admit. ;)

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Either one of these...top is an S&W 6" K22 (M17-3) and the bottom a K22 4" (M18-3). Both out of production, but easy to find in nice shape. Superbly accurate and indestructible if cared for.
    Bob

17.gif
    Beautiful revolvers I have a S&W 17-3 that's a pleasure to shoot also. I have an addiction to S&W revolvers in .22

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Colt Woodsman, if it was good enough for our SF guys in Vietnam, it's good enough for me.

Top Bottom