What's Your Favorite Beer, And Why?

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
I looked, but couldn't really find a thread directly talking about beer. Shameful! I sure thought this was Texas!

I have some favorites I like, and for the past few years, have been pretty much hooked on Shiner beer. In the past it use to be Corona. But some years ago, I got exposed to the darker German style beers and really liked them. One of my favorites before trying Shiner was Zeigenbock, and Red Elephant.

Beer also pairs well with Texas style cooking, grilling, smoking and food.

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
I will say that I have drank more home brew beers that I liked then commercial beers. Also its funny how certain beers can trigger memories. Give me an ice cold Castle & I'm back on safari. Castle Brewing RSA owns Miller & several other labels.

Geezer

Available For Parties
TGT Supporter
Jul 23, 2019
Silsbee, Texas
Since I now live in Texas I should drink a Texas beer, right? I really like the Shiner Premium but it is scarce around here. When I toured the Spoetzl Brewery a couple of years ago, I think I remember that it is seasonal or short runs of it. Either way, I can't find it.

So, I have been drinking Lone Star and enjoying it.

LoneStar.jpg

Attachments

studenygreg

Well-Known
Oct 7, 2015
They don't make my favorite anymore. It was Shiner Heffevizan. My goto is Shiner Bock but I like several of their beers like the prickly pear and holiday cheer. Final answer is Shiner Bock because I like it and its readily available .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom