Join TexasGunTalk

What's Your Favorite Beer, And Why?

Discussion in 'Cooking & BBQ' started by Axxe55, May 21, 2020.

1. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    So true!

But if they are sober, they can't say, "Here hold my beer and watch this!" LOL!

TxStetson and BuzzinSATX like this.
  2. mm54943

mm54943 Member TGT Supporter

May 7, 2020
    Fresno, TX
    I've always heard of this beer, it's supposedly big up in the north east.

3. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    So,,,we all seem to be in agreement - at least with Hank Thompson's take on this subject.

BuzzinSATX and F350-6 like this.
  4. SA_Steve

SA_Steve Active Member

Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I used to get it in Atlanta, GA but they quit offering there about 10 years ago if I recall.

5. SA_Steve

SA_Steve Active Member

Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I've been to a lot of breweries, putting in process control software. Mostly Miller. Some would keep it cold for a month before bottling it for some reason, others right to the packaging when done.

The brew industry has really changed, lots of brands are made in the same plant these days. Generic / contract brewers, make whatever you want.

A friend of mine ran the Hamm's brewery in Houston (way before decent process control systems). "From the land of sky blue waters". Ha, what a laugh. It was in the old Hughes Tool drilling bit factory on the Houston ship channel. They ran a lot of local TV ads but it did not help, they were gone in a few years.

The thing I remember most about Hamm's was any cop in a cop car could get a free case of beer courteously loaded into the trunk of their car at the loading dock. Limit one, but no appointment necessary. Bad part of town, always good to have police around.

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  6. seeker_two

seeker_two TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2008
    I did not know there was such a thing as a beer nerd until today.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX, Vaquero and Brains like this.
  7. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    There's a lot of potential reasons, but a common one is letting the yeast clean up after themselves to reduce undesirable flavors in the beer.

Hamms is one of only two beers in my entire lifetime that I poured out. I don't know what that was, but it was some of the most foul tasting liquid I'd ever experienced. I honestly couldn't finish it.

seeker_two and GoPappy like this.
  8. elrayoex

elrayoex New Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Georgia
    Mackeson Triple Stout XXX.

9. Vaquero

Vaquero San Saba Songbird

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Howdy

10. Gabelthebagel

Gabelthebagel New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    US
    Wiehenstephaner Vitus is my drink of choice don't drink often maybe 2-3 in a 6 month period really awesome beer especially with lemon juice 2 beers gets me feeling good they make a beer that you can't even taste the alcohol in

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk