• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A few weeks ago, at Kroger's, I picked up a Shiner Brewery Tour six pack, with six different Shiner beers in it. Gave me an opportunity to try out some different beers. Honestly, I enjoyed all of them, but the Ruby Redbird was my favorite of those. Earlier today at WalMart, I picked up a twelve pack of a Shiner Brewery Tour. Two each of six different beers. Right now, I'm having a Shiner Weisse 'N' Easy beer. Flavored with dewberries. I'm liking it a lot!
    ARJ Defense ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I've been drinking beer for at least 60 years and the best beer I've ever drank is Duvel. Not cheap but extremely smooth. Expensive but well worth it.
    Duvel is a taste beer as are Samual Smiths. Then comes are you drinking the beer out of the proper glass? Like different wines use different glasses, beers do the same.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    White wing replaced the Heff. I prefer the Heff but the WW wasnt bad either. Never tried it in a michelada. Thanks for the idea

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve used Hoegaarden as a sub for the WW and it’s decent. Blue Moon is too heavy for the michelada IMO.

When I can find it, Citradelic is one of my preferred summer beers.

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Spent 4 years playing soldier in Germany, 40 years later, its still my favorite.
    Weihenstephaner
    weihenstephaner.jpg

Been brewed since the year 725. Still uses just 3 ingredients
    water
    barley/hops
    malt
    Once you get it right, why mess with it?

Attachments

• weihenstephaner.jpg
      weihenstephaner.jpg
      930.6 KB · Views: 673

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I’ve drank lots of different beers in lots of different places, and I am not very picky. I pretty much like most non-flavored brews, and hate IPA’s.

My all time favorite is old school Michelob, but haven’t seen it in years. I generally drink Texas brews like Shiner or Lone Star, but after a couple hours of yard work on a hot day, nothing beats a couple or three ice cold Miller High Life’s in a clear bottle!

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I’ve drank lots of different beers in lots of different places, and I am not very picky. I pretty much like most non-flavored brews, and hate IPA’s.

My all time favorite is old school Michelob, but haven’t seen it in years. I generally drink Texas brews like Shiner or Lone Star, but after a couple hours of yard work on a hot day, nothing beats a couple or three ice cold Miller High Life’s in a clear bottle!
    I haven’t seen a real Michelob in decades. When I was stationed in Newport RI, they didn’t have Miller Lite so I drank Michelob.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Michelob was really good. My all-time favorite is Murphy's Irish Red. Can't find it in Texas anymore. Not sure if its still being imported.

Favorites varied over time, but they never included an IPA. Don't care for hoppy beers.

Lone Star Light was my go to as a teen, though the Miller Pony beers were a close second.
    No alcohol for 11 years through my 20's.
    Moosehead was my favorite during my 30's.
    Mostly Dos Equis during my 40's.
    Rarely had beer for 45-55.
    Recently I have Coors Original (my deceased brother's fav when I am missing him) or Shiner Light Blonde because of dietary issues (99 g of carbs).

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I don't think I can pick one particular bier as my favorite. I like several equally well - which I have at any given moment depends on availability and my mood at the time. Availability here in NE Texas is often the decisive factor since availability of good bier here is very limited. For instance they have about 6 or 7 different watery Mexican beers (which to me all taste pretty much the same) at Sam's Club a few to several less than delightful watery American beers (like budwiper) but not one German beer, no English Ales and no real American craft beers or ales. While at least one local beer getting place has a somewhat better selection they are usually sadly under-stocked of those I prefer.

When it comes to American biers: Ommegang Abbey Ale and Ommegang Three Philosophers Ale are among my favorites (have not been able to find that anywhere within hundreds of miles of me now). Victory Brewing Company's Golden Monkey Triple Ale is another excellent one and at 9.5% ABV it is rather smooth (after a couple it makes everything smooth). Lagunitas Hop Stoopid is another (their IPA is also pretty good). As for imports: Spaten is probably my favorite lager (which by some gift from the Gods, I get at $6.79 = 10% a six-pack at Cash Saver). Newscastle Brown Ale is not bad either. I love weiss bier too. When it comes to weiss biers, I would be hard pressed to pick an all time favorite although I think Paulaner Hefe Weiss one of the better ones but then so too among the best are Franziskaner Hefe Weiss, HB Hefe Weiss, Erdinger Hefe Weiss and Weihenstefaner Hefe Weiss. As for a Pilsner, I like Pilsner Urquell.

I'll give a free plug to a cider too, McKenzie's Seasonal Reserve Cider - the absolute best hard apple cider I have ever put through my lips and over my gums (although my understanding is it may have been discontinued but I hope that's just because it is not yet the right season).

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    My all time Favorite is goose island Bourbon barrell aged beer. its is seasonal and hard to find I like most of the Burobon barrel aged beers. If you like bourbon and beer you should try one. Tehn depending on my Mood it is either a stout like murphys's or Bud-light for light drinking

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ditto. Miller Lite long neck and Shiner. Bock that is.

Back in the early 1990's, I usually drank Corona, but I had moved to Houston for work, and many of the clubs, the beer reps were promoting Miller Lite. There were many instances where you could buy Miller Lite long necks for half the price of other brands of beer, so I tried it, and liked it. So for some years afterwards, Miller Lite was a go to beer since it was pretty popular, and it was decent tasting beer.

Top Bottom