Military Camp

What's your favorite competition pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I have a Colt Government .45 accurized by Justin McMillan for CMP service pistol. It'll do 10 shots under 2" from a machine rest at 50 yards.
    Lately I've been shooting a customized M41 S&W .22 for CMP .22 Distinguished matches.
    Bob

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    well, i I don't compete... and don't have some fancy ZEV ported slide glock...

but I'd have to say my P220 X-Six would be up to the task, albeit heavy

dual buffer, 3-way adjustable SAO trigger, hand built, blah blah

mine has had the controls removed and NiB coated. Also have a 400 corbon bbl that still needs to be fitted.
    177d8e8316f9fb50556c13b993b618c4.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I saw J.B. White shoot many a 40 out of a Wichita just like yours, Ben. His was in .308 too. I have an MK-40 Wichita in 7mm International that I'm gonna use in next years IHMSA competition.

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    As long as we're on the subject of shooting steel IHMSA style here's my favorite XP-100 chambered in 7BR. Yeah it's got a scope on it, my eyes gave up on open sights a few years back.
    GunList - 0029.JPG

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yeah it's got a scope on it, my eyes gave up on open sights a few years back.
    I'm in the same boat, plus my back gave up on position shooting (even Creedmoor) a while back. I think if I ever build another pistol for steel, it'll be an XP, center grip, in 6x45 or 6TCU with a fast twist for heavy bullets. With some glass, I'd just shoot Unlimited Standing.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    So many stories to tell...like how after SV's limited agreement to buy the plastic grips expired he was cut off from buying from STI so went through dealers buying in bulk and was caught. Changed the magazine catch on his (in this case, actually superior) 9mm/38 Super magazine bodies as to not fit the original STI pattern magazine release because he hated STI shooters using his magazines. Changed the extractor design and bragged about how superior it was...although "Team SV" (at the time) was using AFTEC extractors and was observed swapping them out after shooting the match (but before displaying their "superior" pistols in the vendor tent). Donated 5k worth of those way overpriced and rather inferior proprietary extractors as match sponsorship because they couldn't sell the darn things. The stories go back a ways :D Sandy is a very talented engineer and a horrible human being ;)
    So kinda like behind the scenes things I've heard about LaDouche

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I have lots of stories on that asshat and his kids, too :D My personal favorite is when I DQ'ed his idiot of a son for throwing his pistol on the ground (instead of, well, ON the dump table at a 3Gun match) and having him bow up on me and scream "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" Yeah, Fuctard, you are the boy who is going home instead of shooting any more here today...

EDIT: Well, FucTard went through but not Fucktard, Fuktard... ;)

Top Bottom