• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    My favorite is my Winchester Pre '64 Model 70 in 308. Mine still has the weaver 4x scope that you adjust the windage & elevation using the scope mounts. It is sniper accurate is well balanced for field carry. According to the serial number, it was manufactured in the year 1958, same year I was born. It is in 99% condition and I hve been offered boocoo's of money for it. It will be given to my sons when I go to the great gunrange in the sky!!!

ForneyRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Forney, TX
    I shot a button buck last year with a AR 15 with 50gr JHP bulk ammo.

I normally hunt with 7mm Mag. But it is overkill for Texas. But it is what I have. Too many hunters have "magnum" twitch and make a bad shot. We have several that hunt with us, with 7mm Mag, and they talk all the time about twitch. Of course, they won't give up their 7mm mag.

I think my brother's 270 Win is ideal for hunting in Texas. 130gr Hornady SST is plenty for anything in the state.

Next rifle with be a 7x57, 7mm-08 or a 257 Bob. I really like the Bob. But it may be small for the larger hogs. Reason I like the 25 and 27 calibers is they can be one bullet for coyote, deer, and hog, which are main 3 animals in East Texas. The 270 has nice flat trajectory for West Texas and Pronghorn, mule deer.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    .50 BMG HE

lol
    j/k.
    i haent had the pleasure of a good hunt. but id imagine for close range stalking a .454 carbine and a .308 for longer shots.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've never heard of that one. Is that a shell or a round?

Oh, they are bullets alright ;):

800px-Bofors-060323-F-9044H-001.jpg

Bofors 40 mm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    I shot my first deer with a Winchester Model 94 .30-30 when I was 11. I shot my most recent one last year with the same .30-30 at age 53. But my eyes are getting a little old, so I just bought a German 8mm Mauser and a .303 British, both sporterized with scopes, so I'm ready for those longer shots this year. I also have a black powder rifle and just bought a bow to extend the season (or if ammo gets impossible to find by deer season).

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm surprised in the lack of belted magnum votes. I thought we would see allot more 300 win mag, and wssm and the like. I think if I bet another deer rifle it will be a 25-06 or a 257 or some thing maybe a 308 so I can tacticool with it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom