• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXgolfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Humble,TX
    I'm shooting a Rem 700 in 270, I just installed a Jewell Trigger Last night. I think Shes gonna be sweeter than ever now. Anyway I'm kinda new to shooting/Hunting, im always looking for something new, so let me know whats your favorites are...........
    Hurley's Gold

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have taken two deer with 7.62x54R, so it is my most successful caliber. I've got a nice .308 bolt-action that I just got sighted in, so hopefully next season I'll have some luck with it.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    .30-06, but that was when I was hunting mule deer in western New Mexico. Since moving to Texas, haven't been out for deer, just hogs. Thinking about something else for Texas deer just to have an excuse to get another boltgun or three.

Malladus

Cobra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    CANADA
    I have two 7mm-08's, a Savage Sierra carbine and a recently acquired Mannlicher style carbine from Remington's Custom Shop. Used with 140 gr. bullets.

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    Favorite, why I like several.

I've taken white tail with everything from a .22-250 to the 8mm Rem Mag.

I settle somewhere in the middle and have taken several with the .257 Roberts and .25-06, both of which are very adequate...I've taken a dow out to 300 yards with the .25-06.

I've carried a .270 several times, but lean more to a .30-06 which I've carried on and off for the better part of 10-12 years.

For the known times when distance is going to be an issue...I've carried the .300 Win Mag and the 8mm Rem Mag. I carried the 8mm exclusively for a couple of years, and while I didn't dare take a body shot inside of 150 yards, it was quite accurate with our 150gr Hornady Loads, and with neck/head shots on dows out to 200 yards, very, very effective and with heart shots out to a tad over 300 yards out in Sanora/Del Rio, it brought down nice bucks with one round...and you can also never go wrong with .300 Win with a 26" barrel.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    Have taken most of the deer I killed with a Remington 700 .243. Taken others with .30-06 and .270. Took a spike last year with my AR in .223.

The .243 is my favorite.

Top Bottom