• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamsamcrawdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Aransas Pass
    agree with above ^ Pale rider, hang em' high, unforgiven, high plains drifter, the shootist, true grit (old before new version) anything with The Duke and Clint are awesome in my book. oh and that classic "lust in the dust" for some comedy.:)

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    the searchers.. Ethan Edwards .. Ford... Ward Bond .. (go ahead and bury them, will read over em in the morning) old "Mos".. "can i have my rocking chair now Ethan".. monument Valley.. Scar.. and some of the funniest stuff that's been on a screen"..

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    nope i aint gonna say it

Hahaha, too funny.

glad to see Sergio Leonne get some recognition in here, Once Upon a Time In The West is definitely a favorite. I love all the spaghetti westerns GBU is timeless. Love Josey Wales, Unforgiven, Open Range. Love the older John Wayne movies- True Grit, El Dorado, etc. tombstone is great too. Guess I like them all. Lol

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Original The Alamo , A Man Called Horse.
    How well I remember, the World Premier was at the Oaklawn movie theater. They ran the movie all day starting in the morning and they bused us kids from school to go see the movie.

the searchers.. Ethan Edwards .. Ford... Ward Bond .. (go ahead and bury them, will read over em in the morning) old "Mos".. "can i have my rocking chair now Ethan".. monument Valley.. Scar.. and some of the funniest stuff that's been on a screen"..
    There was a Steakhouse in San Antonio called the Blackhawk IIRC. Duke and Ward Bond would often wait tables there. So there you are sitting there waiting on your steak and Duke comes over with a waiters apron and a tray of steaks. So you are blown away and of course ask and the answer would be...eh well pilgrim, no that my brother who is in the movies. I saw the Duke do that one night at the next table over from ours, I was just a kid and the Duke and cowboys were my heros, still are to this day...

BillyG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    SE Texas
    Lonesome Dove - the best. We start our graveyards each month with this one....everyone has their part (Im Gus)

Wyatt Earp - Costner was a better Wyatt Earp. Dennis Quaid had his moments, but Kilmer nailed it in Tombstone.

El Dorado - John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Arthur Hunnicutt (Bull). There were 3 of the same basic storyline. This is my favorite.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Sorry, but I definitely prefer Tombstone to Wyatt Earp. Partly because Costner just isn't a very good actor, while Tombstone had one hell of a cast. And Dana Delaney. But I digress.

I grew up on a steady diet of old Lone Ranger reruns every Saturday afternoon in the 70s. As far as Western movies, anything with John Wayne will do, with the occasional dash of Eastwood.

And, of course, Blazing Saddles.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Unforgiven
    Lonesome Dove
    Tombstone

John Wayne deserves his own category

the two where he dies - The Cowboys and The Shootist