• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TriggerTime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Really impossible to pick just one. But, right now, I'd say my Springfield Armory National Match walnut stocked M1A. Wood and steel, a 30 caliber, open sights, a wonderful feel, and there's just nothing like the sound of that action working. It will reach out and touch them at 1000 yards. Plus, it shoots far better than me.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    That is a REALLY tough question! But, I think if I can pick anything I would say the M249 SAW. I never had the same feeling when i was first issued a SAW while at my first duty station. The when I got to fire it........well it was awesome. Humping that thing for miles and cleaning it was not the most fun, but I came to respect it and when I had live ammo it was all worth it!!

Now as for what I actually own right now I would say my STI 1911. That is a pleasure to fire everytime!

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    P8010098.jpg

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    All around favorite would have to be the M2 HB .50 cal machinegun. You can engage any target with it and get results. (Getting really out there, the old M68 105mm gun on the M60 tank. What a rush to shoot!)

As for what I can actually have - my old S&W 4" Model 28 and my Colt Mk IV Series 70. Also my M1A.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    My favorites? My AK, partly because it was hand-built by me and a friend in his garage in CA at a time when people were still going nuts with "but... you'll go to jail!" Half the reason I built it was out of defiance. I shot this thing in quite a few tactical rifle matches at a range out there and with some of the things I did to make it run smoother (J-TAC muzzle brake and increased power recoil spring), I had little trouble out-shooting and out-running AR shooters on just about any course of fire. Love that rifle, and it's even better now that it's in TX - it can wear a pistol grip here!

That rifle is my absolute favorite gun for the amount of time it's spent on my shoulder and all the memories attached to building and shooting it. The gun just fits me (it should with all the work I put into making it fit me!) so perfectly that I can't see any reason to replace it.

Second is my P220 SAO. It's like putting some of the best features of a 1911 (namely the trigger and thumb safety) on a P220. The perfect handgun... at least for me it is. It's almost boring to shoot, because there's no questioning "where did I hit? How did I do?" Most of the time, the shot went exactly where I wanted to put it.

Last is the Yugo AK underfolder that I own half of. The stock design is just too cool, and I was lusting for an underfolder the whole time I was in CA because it's too damn hard to make it legal there. I appreciate the design for the way I can hide the rifle in plain sight.

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    What is your favorite gun? It can be anything from an air rifle to a howitzer. I really like the old single six's. There is nothing like shooting an old wheel gun. I like the semi autos but I'll always love wheel guns and lever action rifles.
    So there's mine what's yours?
    M1 Garand, hands down.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Easy to decide ... if I had to sell any of my guns, could I do it without shedding a tear ... sure ... EXCEPT for my S&W 4-inch 686+ ... that's the one they'll be prying from my cold dead hands ... perhaps the most perfect revolver in the history of the world ... what? you don't agree?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My Great Grandfather's Springfield rolling block 45-70. Still shoots and just feels good to hold it as silly as that sounds. Second would have to be my Granddad's Sears and Roebuck bolt action .22, without a doubt the most accurate gun I have EVER shot!!

hey you have a sears and roebuck .22. i got one from my grandpa but the firing pin is messed up, dont suppose you know where to get parts?

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Has to be one of three handguns: a 4" model 629, a Colt Combat Commander or a 5.5" custom Ruger BH Bisley that was done by Dave Clements. I have a lot of guns, but these are by far my treasured favorites!!!

Top Bottom