• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    45 ACP Fed Premium 165gr Hydroshock. Old school, but it works. Good expansion, penetration and consistency.

Shot quite a bit of 45, 40, and 9 on uncle sugars nickle. There may be better on the shelf but I tend to stick with what I know.
    Guns International

Last edited:

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I use manly hornady critical defense. I just like there ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have had very expensive hunting bullets not preform as advertised while in Africa. This is why everyone who should ever have to shoot another human needs to shoot until the threat is eliminated.
    When I carried for a living it was Hydra Shok only.
    As the years pass it's the sales guy who says. Try this I hear its good stuff and lookey here it costs a fortune.
    I only found the 380 EZ because a friend gave me a new box of HST for Christmas. I didn't have the heart to say I've never kept a 380 for more than a few months before losing money on it in some stupid trade.
    How come the ballistics of 9mm have improved so much that many shortsighted police departments dumped the 40S&W? And every other caliber has been set back 29 years by the ability to shoot someone16 times. my favorite news quote paraphrased "67 rounds were fired, 2 by the suspect and 65 by law enforcement. Nobody was hit. The suspect is still at large." The 9mm luger, the best one magazine man stopper round ever

Last edited:

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Hydro gets the job done. No doubt about it. Magic bullets, magic shotgun shells for ducks..... marketing gimmicks and a waste of money.

Having seen the effects of 45 and 9 on humans up close and personal, no way in hades I’d risk my life with a 9 unless it was in a confined space with a FA or burst capable MP5 or similar. I roll with what I know.

Fallacy of center mass is another issue.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    It 's all marketing Hydra Shok, not Hydro. Had something to do with the little post in the hollow point rather then the liquid inside the target. Massad Ayoob did research and shot some cows in the brain with them. In the late 80's he proclaimed them the number one single shot man stopper in .45acp. This was the era when you still heard from many that they carried ball ammo "cause if its good nuff for Uncle Sam, its good enough for me."

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Hornady Critical Defense 9mm in Sig P365 on my person or a Walther CCP in concealed carry backpack while at school (campus carry is legal at TX universities)

cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Trade your Hornady 10mm for some Underwood 10mm.
    Their 180 grain is ~250fps faster than the CD 175 grain.

Not a bad thought. I’ve been meaning to try Underwood in my Delta Elite to see if it likes it and just haven’t yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom