Texas SOT

What's your pick for "homeland defense" carbine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    MP-5 with a Beretta Model 92 would be a good combo or I would replace the MP-5 with the larger AR-15 carbine if the extra firepower is needed.

LEP

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2015
    El Paso
    DSCN1018.JPG

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    I've got all 3, Winchester 94 30-30, AK 7.62 and Hi-Point .380 and ammo for all of them.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Very hard to beat the AK if choosing one rifle for defensive fighting, but better also have an M1A and an M4 so you can shoot whichever ammo you "acquisition" that day. And a Remington 700 in .308, and the .50 cal, and...

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Homeland defense as in standing shoulder to shoulder with my fellow countrymen fighting a foreign invader, or homeland defense as defending my homestead?

Either way, AR-15. The main reason is that ammo, mags, and replacement parts are far more common than parts for ANY other MSR system will ever be. Even the AKM can't compete with that (ammo maybe).

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I have to agree that if you can have more than one, a selection of calibers is always a good idea. And having a good deer rifle with a decent scope - preferably with a BDC reticule gives you a very good sniper rifle.

But I think I would recommend getting your choice of carbine and then a bolt gun and probably a good pistol in a common caliber before you get additional calibers or a shotgun... Just my preference. And of course, good web gear, extra mags and a sufficient amount of ammo - and I personally put that before additional caliber weapons.

Top Bottom