Texas SOT

What's your thoughts on this video? (people know you "prep", say they're coming over)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I have one "friend" who is aware of all my preps and has said the same thing about "I know where I'm going when the SHTF". My answer to him? If he can make it past the barbed wire, punji sticks, caltrops, electric fence, improvised ________s, sandbag bunkers and killing zones he's welcome aboard.
    Venture Surplus ad

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Yeah, but what's the point if you have too many and can't sustain that number of people. Start looting? The key is self sustaining. It's all balance.

It seems absurd to think you can sustain an infinite amount of people for an infinite amount of time.

Causing conflict within your group, is stupid. What happens when you have to decide who eats and who doesn't?

I am my neighbors keeper!

Well then it really depends on the situation but saving food won't help if you get over run by outsiders. Yes you would put them to work but talking about too many people in a survival situation is like saying you have too big a business. It's' only too big if you are doing something wrong otherwise it's all good. I figure this is a hold out from the fallout shelter days but I just don't think it applies now.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Well then it really depends on the situation but saving food won't help if you get over run by outsiders. Yes you would put them to work but talking about too many people in a survival situation is like saying you have too big a business. It's' only too big if you are doing something wrong otherwise it's all good. I figure this is a hold out from the fallout shelter days but I just don't think it applies now.

I believe in having a group as long as they contribute with supplies or a desired skill. Just showing up ready to consume doesn't cut it for me. They have to be mentally stable too.

Do you have a massive food, water, medicine, ammo, and seed storage ? The only way this could work is if you have an active farm. It's not about doing it right or wrong, it's about having enough supplies to feed the army until harvest. These are realities.

I'd be curious to hear how this could actually go down......to the 3,000+ per person calolric intake for hunters/farmers, to a replenishable water source etc. If you already have these things lined out, I'd like to hear some details. You can quickly deplete animal resources in an area where many are hunting. My group is 12 at this point, but my land can only sustain 17 at most. If you have more land that can sustain a larger group, that's great.

My neighbors and I have radio communication, what happens when said aggressors are engaged from 3 different sides?

BIGCOUNTRY01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Amarillo
    I have some friends that said we are coming to your house if shtf. I started thinking about it after the 3rd person said it to me and i decided to have a preppers talk with these three individuals i told them why i choose to store back food,ammo and other survival type goods. After i was done explaining that to them i made out a general survival type shopping list and told them it would be in your best interest to keep these items on hand and if crap hits the fan pack up your supplies and come over. I have talked to several of my neighbors and i have them storing back supplies as well. I believe the only way to survive is having a group of people that can contribute.

Top Bottom