DK Firearms

What's your thoughts on this video? (people know you "prep", say they're coming over)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

I know some are wary about even talking about any of their preparations.

I don't mind discussing it as to me it's only reasonable and everyone should be prepared to some degree. If people say that jokingly to me, I'll try to help them out with starting their own food, water and weapon preparations but if they're not going to add to my security, fire team, skills set...they're not welcome.

How do you handle this?
    Guns International

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Two things.

#1. Everybody has to be an asset, not a liability, or get out.

#2. Based on that video, I wouldn't waste a lot of time watching that guy.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    hat's your thoughts on this video? (people know you "prep", say they're coming over)

I will need minions. Strongest and best fighters can join my team. I have more guns and ammo then I can shoot. Food, that's every man for themselves.

Count me in!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What's your thoughts on this video? (people know you "prep", say they're comi...

I'm building my army in secret.....I'm mean, I have no army.

<code seven alpha, the geese at flying south...repeat, the geese are flying SOUTH>

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What's your thoughts on this video? (people know you "prep", say they're comi...

Count me in!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Your just joining him because he has the fun stuff........but he won't love you like I would.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've had friends jokingly say the "if the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm coming to your house" line, and I tell them with a strait face, "Yes, seriously come. Gather all the canned food and water you can and meet me at my house." The fact of the matter is that most of them would never make it to my house to begin with, but for those that do show up I'll find a way to incorporate them. No one can survive entirely on their own and it'll be nice to have well armed friends next to me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I've had friends jokingly say the "if the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm coming to your house" line, and I tell them with a strait face, "Yes, seriously come. Gather all the canned food and water you can and meet me at my house." The fact of the matter is that most of them would never make it to my house to begin with, but for those that do show up I'll find a way to incorporate them. No one can survive entirely on their own and it'll be nice to have well armed friends next to me.

I've had people tell me the same thing, I told them no, then they forced me to explain why I wouldn't want them around if things really got that bad. Awkward.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Most folks are grasshoppers, not ants. Desperate grasshoppers can be quite persistent... wipe out others' entire crops. Of course, other ants can be quite abusive too.;)

Last edited:

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've had people tell me the same thing, I told them no, then they forced me to explain why I wouldn't want them around if things really got that bad. Awkward.

I saw the USMCHoss video a while back, and been confronted with it a few times.

My answer is: you're SOL. Simple as that. I've tried to get you onboard, and you refuse because of your ignorance/bliss. My family comes first.

It comes as shock, but I'm not 911 survival. It's blunt, but the truth. Contribute and invest and you're in, not harsh just factual.

I'm not here to fund someone else's future but to ensure my family's.

Last edited:

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Security in numbers. It seems absurd to me that people think they and a couple of family members would hold out in the midst of some conflict that would destroy society as we know it. Sure you don't feed them if they just sit on their butts but manpower would be your best asset. Turning away people you can trust is stupid.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Security in numbers. It seems absurd to me that people think they and a couple of family members would hold out in the midst of some conflict that would destroy society as we know it. Sure you don't feed them if they just sit on their butts but manpower would be your best asset. Turning away people you can trust is stupid.

Yeah, but what's the point if you have too many and can't sustain that number of people. Start looting? The key is self sustaining. It's all balance.

It seems absurd to think you can sustain an infinite amount of people for an infinite amount of time.

Causing conflict within your group, is stupid. What happens when you have to decide who eats and who doesn't?

I am my neighbors keeper!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom