• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robocop10mm

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have a M-57 6" blue, a M-58 and a 4" 657. I round out the N-frames with a 6" 29, a 4" 629, a 4" 28 and a 4" 520 (anybody heard of one of those? The N-frame, not the new J-frame)

As you can tell, I like my N-frames. The .41 is the favorite caliber though. Probably because many shooters have never even heard of one.
    DK Firearms

photofreeman

Jan 12, 2009
    I may take some heat for this but I love Smith & Wesson guns. Owned a bunch and they were all great. My 640 Centinneal is a super snubby. Carried a 4506 (.45acp) for 12 years. Its my all time favorite gun.
    Back in the '70s I had a stainless .357. Small butt, fixed sights. Best S&W revolver I owned and I can't remember the model number. 581 comes to mind but it was stainless.

robocop10mm

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I may take some heat for this but I love Smith & Wesson guns. Owned a bunch and they were all great. My 640 Centinneal is a super snubby. Carried a 4506 (.45acp) for 12 years. Its my all time favorite gun.
    Back in the '70s I had a stainless .357. Small butt, fixed sights. Best S&W revolver I owned and I can't remember the model number. 581 comes to mind but it was stainless.

A 3" round butt 681? I don't think they were out in the 70's, but that is the closest to your description. They made up a batch of 3" L-frames allegedly for some federal agency, but were probably Lew Horton's

photofreeman

Jan 12, 2009
    S&W

A 3" round butt 681? I don't think they were out in the 70's, but that is the closest to your description. They made up a batch of 3" L-frames allegedly for some federal agency, but were probably Lew Horton's

That's probably it. I bought it in '78. Dealer said it was a Cop trade in.
    Once I got rid of the itty bitty grips it was a great gun.

photofreeman

Jan 12, 2009
    photofreeman-albums-1911-picture252-ruger.jpg

Heres one I love to shoot.
    Ruger Security Six, 6" Barrel, SS, Houge Monogrip.
    This one may be older than many members

Top Bottom