• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • koddc

Jul 15, 2009
    houston deep n/w
    can't wait till Wednesday. this is on my wish list ! ! coming up for auction in February just to tease me
    1700.jpg

Roscoe

Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    What is the revolver on the lower right?
    It's a S&W Airlite Ti in .38 special. We'd just arrived back in the States after living overseas for the past 12 years. We stopped in a gunshop/indoor range across from the Houston Police Academy (out near Bush Airport) in 2000. Gun weighs next to nothing, and she fell in love with it. I screwed up and tried to explain that it was much too light for her to handle and the recoil would be a bitch (of course she knew I was just trying to scare her from buying it - then she had to have it). She grabbed it and a box of SWCs, and went into the range to try it. Fired one round and wanted to throw it in the trash. The recoil was just a wee bit much for her. Finally convinced her to try it with a 148 gr. farget wadcutter, and she loved it. After a couple thousand TWC's she started shooting some heavier loads in the gun. The gun will handle jacketed +P loads, and she's even managed to shoot several boxes of them.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    It's a S&W Airlite Ti in .38 special. We'd just arrived back in the States after living overseas for the past 12 years. We stopped in a gunshop/indoor range across from the Houston Police Academy (out near Bush Airport) in 2000. Gun weighs next to nothing, and she fell in love with it. I screwed up and tried to explain that it was much too light for her to handle and the recoil would be a bitch (of course she knew I was just trying to scare her from buying it - then she had to have it). She grabbed it and a box of SWCs, and went into the range to try it. Fired one round and wanted to throw it in the trash. The recoil was just a wee bit much for her. Finally convinced her to try it with a 148 gr. farget wadcutter, and she loved it. After a couple thousand TWC's she started shooting some heavier loads in the gun. The gun will handle jacketed +P loads, and she's even managed to shoot several boxes of them.

Thanks.

Had to LOL about her reaction to the recoil with the Ti model.
    I have a M325 in .45acp. Recoil is pretty spicy. I know her pain. LMAO.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    <>

My 64yo arthritic Wife w/ “weak wrists” has both Airlite & Scandium .38+P J-frames, but prefers G26 / G19’s.

Surprisingly, she seems to have no problem with the G21 or the Taurus M-P .45ACP.

I hear all sorts of Taurus complaints, but I’ve owned several with ZERO problem. This one is a compact .45, same size & “10 & 1” capacity as a G26, carries very well, & has an external “safety” switch.

leVieux

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    <>

My 64yo arthritic Wife w/ “weak wrists” has both Airlite & Scandium .38+P J-frames, but prefers G26 / G19’s.

Surprisingly, she seems to have no problem with the G21 or the Taurus M-P .45ACP.

I hear all sorts of Taurus complaints, but I’ve owned several with ZERO problem. This one is a compact .45, same size & “10 & 1” capacity as a G26, carries very well, & has an external “safety” switch.

leVieux

Taurus M-P .45ACP? Is that like the PT-145? I have one, and it is a great carry gun....

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Taurus M-P .45ACP? Is that like the PT-145? I have one, and it is a great carry gun....
    OUI, “Millennium Pro PT-145”; it was my EDC in New Orleans, as I was in “sensitive areas” which prohibited any weapons, but our “BIG Boss” was a childhood Friend.

I subscribe to the “I’d rather be judged by 12. . . . .” creed !

Never had to “draw”, but once a pair of street thugs made me “show” it. I was ready to do whatever needed doing, but when they saw a .45, they reversed both courses and attitudes.

I love the little Taurus, and think it may be my new “truck gun”.

I don’t like the idea of re-holstering a loaded GLOCK. Recall when Queen Elizabeth’s bodyguard shot a hole in her private train’s floor ?

leVieux

Txdweeb

Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Any and all thoughts on the 686!
    Had this bad boy 686 plus PC for a short while it was a very refined example, shot great, smooth as hot butter. Problem was I couldn’t shoot it for squat after 500 rds I saw zero improvement in DA, SA was no issue I’m used to DA action also so I sold it.

Would buy another but I’ll get a GP100 next time.
    1675074442033.jpeg

Top Bottom