When is an SBR not an SBR?

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by SC-Texas, Jan 11, 2018 at 5:25 PM.

1. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    toddnjoyce likes this.
  2. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    Anyone consider the photo they used of the SBR they sell that was posted as the new firearm is just that And not what the new one looks like kind of like automakers cloaking the new models so they are not copied before production.

I don't think anyone should be guessing it will come with a standard binary trigger or that some kind of hint can be gained from them photoshopping the rail.

They did not use a real photo of it because they know it would be put under the microscope.

SC-Texas likes this.
  3. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    That is another possibility

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. Renegade

Renegade TGT Addict

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    ZX9RCAM and SC-Texas like this.
  5. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    It would appear to be a correct statement

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    and maybe FA submitted the patent and the ATF paperwork under an alias :) so no one could track down the secret non nfa sbr.

7. NavyVet1959

NavyVet1959 Curmudgeon Extraordinaire

Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Using that definition, then if I take a AR-15 lower that was sold as neither a rifle nor a handgun lower and put a short barrel on it then Texas would not have a problem with it. Of course, the Feds would.

Texas has let some strange things get in some of their laws. That's part of the problem with having lawyers and politicians write laws instead of having them written by engineers. The politicians and lawyers don't pay attention to the boundary conditions whereas we engineers, we live for the boundary conditions. :)

Texas has a law against what they call "zip guns". But, their definition of a zip gun is vague enough that it would prevent anyone from trying to design and build a new firearm, much less any of the hobbyist machinists from building their own firearm, even from raw metal stock. The feds don't have any sort of law against "zip guns", so why does Texas have even more restrictive laws than them?

8. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Well-Known

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    With all the pistol braces especially the ones that collapse, I am suprised they even bothered going this route intead of desiging another brace for pistols and marketing that.

9. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Marketing.

TreyG-20 likes this.
  10. NavyVet1959

NavyVet1959 Curmudgeon Extraordinaire

Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Yep... Just look at all the free publicity that they've gotten by just the *hint* of this thing...

Southpaw likes this.