• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I am going to find as many obscure/obsolete caliber/chamberings in my collection as I can to bring for interest in the OLDEN DAYS of firearms.
    Some 'youngsters' like old ones and some 'oldsters' like newer ones but I would hope that there is still interest in the late 1800s to the mid 1900s cartridge guns. Mausers, Steyrs, Winchesters, Remingtons, Nagants, Tokarevs, Carcanos, et cetera........

Seems like I need to find/load ammo and repair the obsolete rifles/pistols/revolvers than the more common. I call it a challenge.

I have not gotten into the Japanese WWII arms ('YET'?)

We still need to find a way to get 'visitors' like Nio from Holland and Franck from Switzerland (if they attend) to get as much exposure to as many different things that we take for 'granted'.

Maybe we should have an 'AMBASSADOR' in the main building to greet people and ask if they are TGT members and give a short orientation??? and hand out name badges???(I had to volunteer to make my own last time) People with a 'different-accent' (European, YANKEE? or even Polynesian (cbigclarke)) might not know about all the nuances of gun culture.

Of course the 'ambassadors' in the main building will likely eat all the 'homemade' victuals set out for the 'paying/donating' members, but I digress.

There will always be the outdoor grilling/smoking/BBQing food left over for us troopers in the lanes.

I liked the 'crock-pot 'pulled-pork' kept warm that everyone called BRISKET and want to thank the person that brought it back in the Fall of 2015.

Looking forward to the April event.

bob

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    One of these days I will make one of these. This one is the day my flight lands back in Texas in the afternoon. Maybe in October. :(

Top Bottom