Patriot Mobile

When police abandon a precinct building....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I checked my policy a while back and it was not excluded. Acts of war weren't either.
    Let us know who your carrier is so we can switch! I've never seen a policy where acts of war, rioting, civil unrest were not excluded. That's a great insurer you have.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    There are many good police officers on the job. There are a few bad ones. The police union protects the bad ones. Remember the Parkland Florida cop that got reinstated a couple of weeks ago? Get rid of the police union and their protection of the bad cops. Do that and the bad cops will cycle their way out of the picture.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I thought rioting was excluded in most insurance policies.

Whether it is excluded or not is kind of irrelevant; it’s the thought process going through most LEOs minds.

The core mantra is make it home safe tonight; however the individual rationalizes doesn’t really matter.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    "I checked my policy a while back and it was not excluded. Acts of war weren't either." Read it again!
    Dallas PC will be on TV today with her plea to stop throwing rocks at her officers. Somebody finally got the guts to stop the nonsense. Actually I suspect some corporate types would remove the Chief if any burning occurred in downtown Dallas. As usual, when the media gets involved, facts are not found. The dead guy was a druggy outside the mall 'cop', you know, rides around in car with flashing yellow light on top. Moved from Houston to north, lived with relatives. Died of heart attack! Yes, ME fact. Resisting arrest, on drugs, heart problems - what do you expect? Cops actions correct? Not really. Can't find the facts as to him passing bogus bills or forging checks. Pretty much same as Ferguson problem, same result. LE afraid of creating violent response to their defensive action. Media gets involved and pretty much causes the 'blow up'. Same as Watts.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It’s really tough to understand being under siege by a mob until you are. The realization that there’s more of them than you and your team have bullets for is sobering.

Mogadishu still remains a great example of how quickly and badly trying to fight a mob can turn.

That’s not even including any politically-driven guidance that’s been provided by the Department or the the city.
    Perhaps. But Minneapolis ain't Mogadishu.

I believe the crowd would scatter like chickens with their tails on fire after the first couple of looters went down.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Perhaps. But Minneapolis ain't Mogadishu.

I believe the crowd would scatter like chickens with their tails on fire after the first couple of looters went down.

These riots are a huge mess any way they play out for LE. Damned if they do something to stop them, and damned if they don't try something to stop them. I can see them as public relations nightmare for city officials.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    These rioters are not hardened the way they were in Mogadishu. There, they would get their ass handed to them along with their heads.
    The rioters are only interested in what they think is good for them. They want nothing to do with danger to themselves.
    They see the LE backing down as weakness. They are hiding behind the wall of the mob. Crumble the wall and make them individuals again with individual consequences and they will stop.
    Political mess? Yup. It is. But it beats a business district in ashes.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The theory of shooting the first looters works fine (sometimes) in war; on main street USA, not so much.
    This seems quite true to me.
    However, don't they need to do SOMETHING? Like arrest the first three looters, saying "no, this isn't happening today"? Just standing back and giving them free rein sucks.
    Which makes me wonder if they ever watch video after the fact, ID the criminals, and make arrests?
    Well, one can dream.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    It truly is a sad commentary on the MPD that they would abandon the police precinct house to rioters. It makes one wonder what they will do when innocent folks who get caught up in the rioting are calling 911 for help. Are they or maybe their homes or their stores going to be abandoned too? Seems like it with all that has been set ablaze and or looted so far.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    These riots are a huge mess any way they play out for LE. Damned if they do something to stop them, and damned if they don't try something to stop them. I can see them as public relations nightmare for city officials.
    Understand.

But when they start burning a building with police in/on it, time to open up and respond with deadly force.

But few Chiefs or Mayors have the spine to do so anymore. So one day, a bunch of LEO's will die a horrible death.

Top Bottom