• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I had just pulled my cast iron skillet out of my stove after I had made some corn bread. As I was cutting it into pieces with my spatula, it started to come off the side of my burner grate. My first reaction of course was to keep it from falling, so I grabbed the handle with my hand. I'm sure it had cooled down to under 400 degrees by that time, but it still burned the heck out of my hand. I can't believe how stupid I feel. To add insult to injury, this has taken far too long to type with my hand bandaged up. :(
    Texas SOT

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Sorry to hear of your injury, was it your gun hand ?

Btw Was the cornbread good? Cast iron cornbread is the best

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It was my left hand, so no. Driving my car is going to be fun tomorrow (manual transmission, both hands) but my hand seems to be doing alright.

The corn bread turned out quite well, it's however one of those times where I can say it wasn't worth the trouble.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I have a story that relates. So don't feel too bad. I remember doing jewelry castings in high school. The steel containers used to do the casting was about the size of a coke can. We would cook them in a=n oven to dry the plaster and to burn out the wax mold. A friend of mine took his out with the steel tongs and placed it on the work bench. He got distracted and started talking with someone and without thinking he reached over and grabbed that casting. It had been sitting there for around 5 minutes maybe. the oven cooks at around 1500 degrees from what I remember. I did not even have time to stop him. I guess I was thinking there is no way he is going to grab that. He picked it up looked at me and then dropped it. it seemed like he looked at me for 5 minutes, but it was only a couple seconds.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    When I was much younger, my parents made me clean the bathroom each week. I was cleaning a high window and knocked my cactus off of the sill...............my quick cat-like reactions allowed me to catch it. Mental note to self: if a cactus falls, don't catch it.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Try icing it down, to reduce the blister. Colloidal silver will keep it from infection. Don't put any oils on it. Reminds me of the time me and the table saw had a go. That's going to leave a mark.

Top Bottom