"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice,...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    ... for we are hunters and we want our freedom." -- Chief Sitting Bull

In my case, the buffalo are hogs and I don't have hogs right now on my properties. A few years ago, I tried my hand at long distance mousing. It is something of a challenge. Had some time today to put together this micro trophy hunting concept.

DK Firearms

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I have watched most, if not all of the GB vids on YouTube. There is just something very satisfying about watching them shoot rat after rat. They mostly use air rifles and in the early days, most were using DIY night vision fabricated from converted camcorder jury-rigged behind day scopes. Some have moved to dedicated night vision gear nowadays, but still very cool stuff!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    mind_blown.gif

Attachments

• mind_blown.gif
      mind_blown.gif
      1.8 MB · Views: 421

etxranch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    US
    ... for we are hunters and we want our freedom." -- Chief Sitting Bull

In my case, the buffalo are hogs and I don't have hogs right now on my properties. A few years ago, I tried my hand at long distance mousing. It is something of a challenge. Had some time today to put together this micro trophy hunting concept.

Wow. How come a 6.5 Grendel 140 gr bthp did not shatter that thing?

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Not enough resistance to expand the bullet. Needs a varmint bullet for that.

And probably a much lighter varmint bullet at that. The Nosler BTHP is sold as a target/match round, a lot of which do well as varmint rounds, but others that perform more like softpoints. I think this one can go either way. Based on the one hog I shot where I examined the entry wound, it really didn't open up violently until 1.5-2.5" inside the hog, which would have it all the way through the rat by then.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    And probably a much lighter varmint bullet at that. The Nosler BTHP is sold as a target/match round, a lot of which do well as varmint rounds, but others that perform more like softpoints. I think this one can go either way. Based on the one hog I shot where I examined the entry wound, it really didn't open up violently until 1.5-2.5" inside the hog, which would have it all the way through the rat by then.
    Needs Dogtown bullets for the rat hunt.

Top Bottom