• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The wife unit went to visit here parents & taxi them to doctors appointments. I write the grocery list & had one made before we knew she was going. After the fact that list changed. Just wonder what most of y'all eat when the wife is gone. I for the most part don't want to cook because I don't want to clean up too. Sammiches are easy but get old eating them fast. TV dinners are good in the no prep no clean up. Going out is a joke with novice. I hate fast food for the most part. Not much in left overs to eat either. Seeing as we aint out of hurricane season I'm not cleaning the pantry out of canned goods.
    Capitol Armory ad

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I pretty much ... don't. I've never been much of a foodie, and honestly only eat because I need to. So if the wife isn't around, I'll mostly just grab whatever is small, fast and convenient. Banana, cup of coffee, handful of peanuts, whatever.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hehe i can eat them whenever i want.

and technically WHEREVER i want as well. but my couch isn't long enough for a comfortable sleeping arrangement for me. lmao

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Can't remember the time my wife was gone for more than a few hours, but if she did go somewhere for a few days:

3 egg cheese omelet and toast

Ham and cheese sandwich with some chips

Or maybe just a bowl of wheaties and toast

A couple of large Romaine lettuce leaves wrapped around some lunch meat, baby spinach, spicy mustard, crushed red pepper, picante sauce and a couple slices of tomato. Cherry tomatoes and baby carrots on the side.

Sausage wraps

Maybe cook up a pot of pinto beans

And by then I hope she'd be back home :)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It’s a good reason to smoke something. Brisket, pork ... I’m a big ribs guy.
    Trust me, I don't need much of a reason to crank up my smoker!
    Steaks, sausage & boudin, tamales, those cajun stuffed bacon wrapped pork loins are a few. Breakfast tacos are good too... i like to add a hash brown to mine. We got an air frier & it does an awesome job on hash browns.
    The red baron French bread pizzas are also an option.

I'm coming to your house the next time my wife is out of town!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    image0-7.jpg

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    My wife is out permanently, out of my life that is since we separated. So, I either cook a nice meal or heat up some frozen crapola. For breakfast I often make some version of sausage patties or bacon with eggs (loosely scrambled, sunny side up, over easy, or a cheese omelette (at least two cheeses, sometimes thee or four.) Breakfast today was forgettable and I say so because I'll be damned if I remember. For lunch I had a Jimmy Dean sausage, egg & cheese biscuit (yes I am certain that was lunch and not breakfast). Tonight I had a chicken pot pie and then the remains of leftover sausage (sweet & hot Italian) in Prego tomato sauce that I spiced up with some salt, a lot of minced garlic, onion flakes and a lot (and I do mean a lots & lots) of black pepper. Soaked up the remaining gravy (tomato sauce to you Texans or at least the non-Italian type Texans) with a biscuit. I've made such things for myself over the past year as: beef stew with turnips, parsnips & onions; corned beef and cabbage (or also with the above root vegetables); pan fried rib eye steak and the works (a starch and veggies & a salad) for a nice dinner, charcoal broiled rib eye steaks the same; leg of lamb with a complete dinner; shrimp with almonds and bread crumbs with spices all sauteed in butter; Toll House cookies from scratch for dessert - cannot forget dessert. Every now and again I'll make some tuna salad for a sandwich for lunch or have a sardine sandwich or peanut butter and either red raspberry or cherry preserves sammie, or a grilled cheese sandwich. Now and again I've also made some grilled or pan fried bratwurst with sauteed onios along with rotkraut, sauerkraut, German mustard and horseraddish (when I can find prepared horseraddish as opposed to horseraddish sauce which is almost never in and around Texarkana). I also try to find really good cold cuts & liverwurst but it is next to impossible here if not actually impossible (the cold cut selection here sucks). A frozen pizza goes into the belly now and again. When I am feeling a bit more of the happy homemaker, I'll grab the old thick walled aluminum pot that had belong to my great-grandparents (the goulash and paprika chicken pot) and make paprika chicken like my wife made and like my great grandparents made long before I met her. Homemade goulash has been on the menu too. Have had fried chicken a few times too. Often will have frozen vegetable with dinner and sometimes fresh, love fresh asparagus. Now and again, I' just have a salad.

Top Bottom