• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    My wife probably only cooks about 25% of what I eat
    I make my own breakfast. Eat lunch out during the week and I’m involved in cooking most dinners, at least the proteins.
    I eat a lot of turkey, chicken, lean beef, and fish (none of it fried)
    I get precooked frozen chicken breast from Sams Club and the rice packets you microwave. Instant meal in minutes.
    I would imagine a lot of my meals are boring to most people..lol But I also view food differently for the most part.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I bet you did not e-mail the New York Bagel place I mentioned in another thread.
    I bet I did not rad the post. Please send me a PM with the info. Recently found out, the bagel place in NY I used to frequent burned down shortly after I left NY, never reopened or I'd have someone ship me some from there.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

In our case, because she is OFTEN out of town on business (like redecorating a BIG commercial building or hotel) for several days at a time, our freezer is PRE-LOADED with the meals that I'm particularly fond of & that need only defrosting/microwaving OR baking in the oven to be ready for dinner.
    (Chicken Modena, corned beef or her EXCELLENT lamb stew, for example. )

Also, since both of us like to cook, IF I have time I can cook something good for myself. = CFS being one of my "go to quick meals."

yours, satx

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Of course, but I don't want to go on insulin, that would be the next step.
    Unless you know of something else.
    Victoza and/or jardience, steglatro etc, plus several more like drugs. All regulate insulin your body still produces bbetter. Some are injectable and the rest pills.

They aren't cheap so you need decent insurance but they work.

My A1c has been normal for years on them. I watch my diet, manage total daily carbs and calories, and dont gain weight but havnt gone full blown low carb for every morsel of food like many do. I guess that will come.

I've been laid up since this last surgery, but before and when I can walk again I can walk about 30 min 3 times a weeks so that's good for 1.5 miles. With enough pain med.

All together normal A1c. Knock on wood.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Victoza and/or jardience, steglatro etc, plus several more like drugs. All regulate insulin your body still produces bbetter. Some are injectable and the rest pills.

They aren't cheap so you need decent insurance but they work.

My A1c has been normal for years on them. I watch my diet, manage total daily carbs and calories, and dont gain weight but havnt gone full blown low carb for every morsel of food like many do. I guess that will come.

I've been laid up since this last surgery, but before and when I can walk again I can walk about 30 min 3 times a weeks so that's good for 1.5 miles. With enough pain med.

All together normal A1c. Knock on wood.
    I'm currently on Xigduo.
    I've been taking meds (changed several times) for it for probably 20 years.
    As I said, it hit 11 while taking medication for it.
    That was probably 3 years ago.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm currently on Xigduo.
    I've been taking meds (changed several times) for it for probably 20 years.
    As I said, it hit 11 while taking medication for it.
    That was probably 3 years ago.
    Ya that is the same class drug as jardience plus metformin. I took synjardi a while which Is the same thing. I take jardience and metformin separately cause it's cheaper that way on my shitty part D.

Victoza is the injectable i take. It's done a great job. The combo of the works well.

They arent cheap but neither is insulin.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I eat things she doesn't care for. That is usually a nice grilled Pork chop or pork Blade steak. If gone mult days then I will get a pizza and a chuck eye steak .

Top Bottom