Guns International

When will Latinos outnumber whites in Texas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've followed this odd thread quietly for a good while.

Last time I studied biology I learned we are all the same human race. Homo Sapien.

Some frightening stereotyping-behavior being exhibited here!

Do we yet....."live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    Wonder who made that quote famous?
    Military Camp

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Do we yet....."live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    Not sure, but "If you can judge a wise man by the color of his skin, then mister you're a better man than I" was Steven Tyler.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I've followed this odd thread quietly for a good while.

Last time I studied biology I learned we are all the same human race. Homo Sapien.

Some frightening stereotyping-behavior being exhibited here!

NO we are not, had that been true, Obama would never have been elected the 2nd time and he would be wearing a Orange jump suit today.

And Homo Sapiens did not come from 1 celled microbes or monkey's...

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    c791acd927f209103493f969a7a3df0d.gif
    5faedb74d7958afb95eaccd157a0c8e8.gif
    dd860d1be4d37542ddbdf5136b254d8b.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Robert,

"I hear that Austin is infested with Democrats."

Not true.

It's infested with communists and it's kissing cousins.

There are many fine rural Texas communities not given to communism, in fact, hate it!

Keep out of major metropolitan stink holes and you'll be fine.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Robert,

"I hear that Austin is infested with Democrats."

Not true.

It's infested with communists and it's kissing cousins.

There are many fine rural Texas communities not given to communism, in fact, hate it!

Keep out of major metropolitan stink holes and you'll be fine.

mowingmaniac,

Fyi, San Antonio's folk are MUCH more conservative than the average denizen of Austin/Travis County.

yours, satx

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    mowingmaniac,

Fyi, San Antonio's folk are MUCH more conservative than the average denizen of Austin/Travis County.

yours, satx
    Not so much satx, one of the largest operating communist cells in the US was based in San Antonio, going back to the 40's.

On another note:

"Texas is already one of the most racially diverse states in the country, and its demographics are changing rapidly. Only 31 percent of Texans over the age of 65 are nonwhite, while more than two-thirds of Texans under the age of 19 are nonwhite, as are a majority of Texans ages 20-39. Those changes are driven by a growing Hispanic population, which tends to vote Democratic."

In recent years, these trends have given Democrats reason to hope the state is on the brink of becoming competitive. In 2013, Obama’s national field director, Jeremy Bird, launched Battleground Texas to build the political infrastructure needed to deliver statewide Democrat wins by 2020, when the Hispanic share of the population is projected to catch up, then surpass, the white share. A year later, in 2014, state Senator Wendy Davis’ gubernatorial run fueled liberal hopes that Texas could turn blue ahead of schedule."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/09/beto-mania-sweeps-texas-218961

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Not so much satx, one of the largest operating communist cells in the US was based in San Antonio, going back to the 40's.

On another note:

"Texas is already one of the most racially diverse states in the country, and its demographics are changing rapidly. Only 31 percent of Texans over the age of 65 are nonwhite, while more than two-thirds of Texans under the age of 19 are nonwhite, as are a majority of Texans ages 20-39. Those changes are driven by a growing Hispanic population, which tends to vote Democratic."

In recent years, these trends have given Democrats reason to hope the state is on the brink of becoming competitive. In 2013, Obama’s national field director, Jeremy Bird, launched Battleground Texas to build the political infrastructure needed to deliver statewide Democrat wins by 2020, when the Hispanic share of the population is projected to catch up, then surpass, the white share. A year later, in 2014, state Senator Wendy Davis’ gubernatorial run fueled liberal hopes that Texas could turn blue ahead of schedule."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/09/beto-mania-sweeps-texas-218961

ole cowboy,

Well WENDY DAVIS got a whole 36% of the TX popular vote & BETO O'ROURKE will likely do about as POORLY.

yours, satx

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    ole cowboy,

Well WENDY DAVIS got a whole 36% of the TX popular vote & BETO O'ROURKE will likely do about as POORLY.

yours, satx
    Let us PRAY it stays that WAY. But the cities keep falling...Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Ft Worth all have gone SOLID Left and Far Left and Further Left.

This little rural town I live in of 10k only a few years ago is on a glide path to exceed 35K (larger than the county. When I got here in 2010 Every eatery with a TV had Fox cable news on, now I don't any of them do. I would go into town in my F 350 CC LB Dually, boots n hat and just be in the crowd, now I got to a party or get together I almost the only truck out there, and am the only guy in jeans, boots n hat and the parking lot if full of Land Rovers, in fact Land rover is building a dealership here, we have a MB dealership that ranks up there with MB of Bev Hills and the one in Dallas for sales of high end models, Ferrari opened up just down the road on I 10 and are parked along main st. I saw Cheryl Ladd in the HEB the other day, she lives here now along with several other Hollywood folks I see at parties .

I am watching this little sleepy town get liberal FAST!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Many of the Land Rover guys I know are pretty conservative, and most of the Ferrari owners I know are business owners and pro-Trump.

What's interesting is that it's the younger crowd in those groups that are more conservative. The 50+ folks tend to be more liberal. Kinda the opposite to what you see in other circles.

Top Bottom