Join TexasGunTalk

When You Discover That Your Friends Are Criminals

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by gdr_11, Mar 15, 2019.

1. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    Especially when you marry a woman and then have kids. Her life is ruined and now his kids are probably going to be all messed up too

Southpaw and Sam7sf like this.
  2. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Me either. I've never looked at some guys hairy ass and thought I wanted a slice of that. I also never went through the "I hate girls" phase. When I got married my friends had a betting pool on how long it would take before I cheated, 6 months. Bastards. My streak is at 36 years now. A good one makes all the difference.

Southpaw and Sam7sf like this.
  3. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I may have graduated from a bargain priced college in East Texas, but at least I've come by my AAS with a 3.45 GPA honestly, without rich parents parents having to bribe the dean.

deemus likes this.
  4. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When my parents married, everyone in their office started a pool on how long it would last. No one took a bet on longer than one year. My parents were together until death intervened so the girl who bet on one year got the pot.

Both my parents were more than a little miffed that all those people who knew them both had so little faith they could make it.

Sam7sf likes this.
  5. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

I man needs it. I can cook for myself, do laundry, clean, do dishes, if I got divorced I wouldn’t be hurting. I would probably never marry again, but the fact is a man instinctively needs a lady friend.

6. deemus

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I had a history......

A couple of girls also thought I might be a jiggalo when I got older. They were just jealous I didn't stay with them.

Reality is, after 100 or more girls, I knew what I wanted. When I met my wife, I wasn't ready to get married, but it took me 100+ girls to find her, so I popped the question pretty early on. The chances of me finding
    "her" again was pretty small.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    FireInTheWire, ZX9RCAM and Sam7sf like this.
  7. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Discreet brag post.

J/K, not really discreet...

Dawico, Bozz10mm, Big Dipper and 2 others like this.
  8. deemus

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    lol

The story was less about me dating a bunch of girls, and more about me slamming on the brakes after my wife came along.

Sam7sf and FireInTheWire like this.
  9. FireInTheWire

FireInTheWire Hold me beer and watch this TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2018
    Big Country
    Damn good story.

3 things guaranteed in a MAN'S life.
    Taxes
    Death
    Women

The order is subject to change.

Sam7sf likes this.
  10. FireInTheWire

FireInTheWire Hold me beer and watch this TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2018
    Big Country
    I married my wife because I listened to my parents. I was at the point in my life that I knew I had good parents and they were wise. I also knew they had my best interest on mind. I was a single guy.... with one thing in mind. 8 years down the road.... she is a badass mom and wife. Cant think them enough for their honesty.

WT_Foxtrot, GoPappy, Sam7sf and 3 others like this.