• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Of all the cars I've had the pleasure to drive... this one still holds the most space in my heart...
    Hwy9_evening-01.jpg
    IMG_4880.JPG

My son loved it when I'd drop him off at school; all the other "dads" were driving Prius' and mini-vans. LOL
    IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

This one here is a close second. It's absurd. Feels like you are driving a clown shoe... but Geezus Almighty... the torque in the thing is gut-draining spectacular!!!
    IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

Never got behind the wheel of one of these.. but clearly.. I'm not the only one that finds the Pagani one of the finest pieces of automotive art on the planet.

A few years ago, at Car Week, my buddy had borrowed a SuperFormance Cobra for the week. One of my best memories was accidentally ending up in front of 6 of the rarest custom Bugatti Veyrons on the planet... and the car people were snapping photos and videos of was the Cobra!! LOL Wish I know where the pics where from that day!! Cobra has been my dream car since I was a little boy... and that hasn't changed! :)

Attachments

• Hwy9_evening-01.jpg
      Hwy9_evening-01.jpg
      185.4 KB · Views: 222
    • IMG_4880.JPG
      IMG_4880.JPG
      360.1 KB · Views: 223
    • IMG_4878.JPG
      IMG_4878.JPG
      695.8 KB · Views: 208
    • IMG_4885.JPG
      IMG_4885.JPG
      746.8 KB · Views: 227
    • IMG_4873.JPG
      IMG_4873.JPG
      903.9 KB · Views: 224
    • IMG_0213.JPG
      IMG_0213.JPG
      1.2 MB · Views: 212

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    There’s a guy nearby that takes his McLaren to our HEB.
    It's really that easy to drive. Honest. When I test drove a 650S with one of the McLaren engineers, toward the end of the drive, I told him, that I meant no offense, but when in Std mode, it didn't feel any different than a Camry. He said they were shooting for that type of daily drivability. Even getting in and out is not so bad... not like trying to egress from a Diablo... holy crap.. unless you're a gymnast, you look at feel like an idiot! LOL.

Wish I could afford one. The 570Sport was very nice too... basically an updated 12C with detuned motor, and a $150k more money left in the bank. 12Cs are starting to get pretty "cheap" (for a supercar) but I hear they can cost 2-3x what you paid for them, just to keep them running... :(

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    This one was by my MIL's in Spring.

A guy a work said he seen one the other night on the freeway following a crotch rocket. He said they flew by him doing about 130
    Probably still in second gear and just getting going!

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    McLaren maintenance costs have been the butt of many jokes. Reportedly, a new set of tires for the F1 is $50k. :)
    Well, the F1 was a unicorn. The current models don't use anything more special than any other Lambo, Porch, or Snorvette. But the things that break... :/ Watched a video of a dude with over $150,000 in warranty repairs on one with around 10,000 miles on it. Makes $15k exhaust manifolds for an F430 seem "reasonable". :o

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    McLaren maintenance costs have been the butt of many jokes. Reportedly, a new set of tires for the F1 is $50k. :)

Yeah it’s pretty crazy.

The cars have to be flown to the factory for service, or you have to fly techs and their equipment to your location.

$50k/year in maintenance even if you never turn the engine over.

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-mclaren-f1-s-crazy-maintenance-costs-will-blow-your-mind

Modern Bugatti’s can be even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yep. Pretty good concept for a late model car, but poor execution. Horribly underpowered with its wheezy little V6, which of course is totally wrong in a hotrod anyway.
    Automatic only, too :(
    Gotta give them props for making an "open wheel" car in that era, tho. I almost want one... almost.

Top Bottom