• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Back in the early 90’s my buddy’s sister had one of those that they thought was the fastest thing around. One late night I was driving my 87 Mustang GT, and my buddy was driving his sister’s TC. We turned onto FM 2123 in Wise County and he nailed it and tried to leave me behind. He claims he was doing 125 mph when I passed him, but I know that mustang only went a hair over 130 and I believe there was a greater than 7 or 8 mph difference in our speeds when I passed him. I will say that car was quick though. By the time I figured out what he was trying to do I had to really wind up that 302 with the 5 speed to even catch him.

Of course all the vehicles in this story are super slow by today’s standards, but that 87 Mustang GT was really fast when it was first produced.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    How about the Bill Thomas Chevrolet Cheetah?

Bill-Thomas-Cheetah-Cover2.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Sleeper Wagon.
    Sweet.

I have always had a soft spot for "sleeper" type cars. A few of my car friends I hung out with liked them too.

Some of my favorites to make a "sleeper" car out of were old police cars. One of my favorites was a 1971 Plymouth Fury III I bought with a 440 in it. Four doors, dark green metallic with a black vinyl roof and hubcaps! It had been a plainclothes car, and never had the cage or overhead lights put on it. Really looked more like a grandma's car than an ex-police car. But the 440 and all the cop car goodies made ti anything but a grandma's car. And of course, I didn't exactly leave the engine alone by any means!

Looked very similar to this one.

Fury01.jpeg

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have always had a soft spot for "sleeper" type cars. A few of my car friends I hung out with liked them too.

Some of my favorites to make a "sleeper" car out of were old police cars. One of my favorites was a 1971 Plymouth Fury III I bought with a 440 in it. Four doors, dark green metallic with a black vinyl roof and hubcaps! It had been a plainclothes car, and never had the cage or overhead lights put on it. Really looked more like a grandma's car than an ex-police car. But the 440 and all the cop car goodies made ti anything but a grandma's car. And of course, I didn't exactly leave the engine alone by any means!

Looked very similar to this one.

View attachment 224669
    It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom