• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Yeah we gotta go way back to the 50's for the truly cool Chryslers.

A K-car derivative not known for quality, assembled by Maserati who also wasn't known for quality at the time, was marketing at its worst.
    DeSoto....(somehow, they were hooked up with Plymouth for a while....)

1671237157097.png

If I'm not mistaken? One could have either the 413 or 392 Hemi in this model??

Land Yacht for seeing the US of A at speed!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Test drove a couple Subaru WRX STI’s the other day, a 2018 and a 2020. Gotta say, they’re incredibly fun to drive, despite all the negative connotations associated with their owners.

I highly doubt the car mags figures of a 5.5 to 6 second 0-60 time. My 2018 Miata was quoted to have a 5.8 seconds to 60 time and this definitely feels faster.

Kinda makes me want to trade in my Tacoma for one ASAP (I miss having a stick shift) but I think I should be patient and maybe buy one as a second car in a few years but you never know. I can be pretty impulsive at times. Chances are very high I probably won’t, but they’re not 0 lol.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Test drove a couple Subaru WRX STI’s the other day, a 2018 and a 2020. Gotta say, they’re incredibly fun to drive, despite all the negative connotations associated with their owners.

I highly doubt the car mags figures of a 5.5 to 6 second 0-60 time. My 2018 Miata was quoted to have a 5.8 seconds to 60 time and this definitely feels faster.

Kinda makes me want to trade in my Tacoma for one ASAP (I miss having a stick shift) but I think I should be patient and maybe buy one as a second car in a few years but you never know. I can be pretty impulsive at times. Chances are very high I probably won’t, but they’re not 0 lol.
    >
    For years, I had to spend a couple weeks in Boston in the Fall. The Subaru’s were very popular w/ the libtards in New England, were all-over. As I was interested in their “symmetrical all-wheel drive” systems, I spoke with many about their cars.

Although very popular, Subaru seems to have a very low customer retention rate. IOW, folks rarely buy a second one, or replace one with another Subaru.

For not-tall cars, they have terrific “ground clearance”. IIRC, their seats, like Toyotas of the era, were terribly uncomfortable on long drives. (I was then living in West Texas.)

Never bought one.

Their current “designs” look ridiculous to me.

leVieux

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County

My 2002 Miata was like a go kart but as I aged, I could not gracefully crawl out of it. I was riding my bicycle the other day and saw some guy that was easily in his 70's crawling out of his yellow vette. I thought he was going to fall and bust something.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    >
    For years, I had to spend a couple weeks in Boston in the Fall. The Subaru’s were very popular w/ the libtards in New England, were all-over. As I was interested in their “symmetrical all-wheel drive” systems, I spoke with many about their cars.

Although very popular, Subaru seems to have a very low customer retention rate. IOW, folks rarely buy a second one, or replace one with another Subaru.

For not-tall cars, they have terrific “ground clearance”. IIRC, their seats, like Toyotas of the era, were terribly uncomfortable on long drives. (I was then living in West Texas.)

Never bought one.

Their current “designs” look ridiculous to me.

leVieux

Good insight. I’ve heard a lot of people go from Subarus to Tacomas, but haven’t heard much of the other way around. I just miss having something fun to drive lol.

My 2002 Miata was like a go kart but as I aged, I could not gracefully crawl out of it. I was riding my bicycle the other day and saw some guy that was easily in his 70's crawling out of his yellow vette. I thought he was going to fall and bust something.

Some things are worth suffering for. Not a day goes by that I miss my Miata lol. If you put the top down it’s easier to fall into lol. I’m only 31 as of now so I’m not too affected by it yet.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Good insight. I’ve heard a lot of people go from Subarus to Tacomas, but haven’t heard much of the other way around. I just miss having something fun to drive lol.

Some things are worth suffering for. Not a day goes by that I miss my Miata lol. If you put the top down it’s easier to fall into lol. I’m only 31 as of now so I’m not too affected by it yet.
    >
    For my last two new truck purchases, I looked long & hard at Tacomas.

Several friends drive them.

The currrent owner complaints are the exact same as 20 years back: Uncomfortable drivers seat, road noise, & high repair costs.

Lst time I bought a F150 4WD, this time a JEEEP Gladiator.

I just accepted lesser fuel mileage in the compromises.

BTW, the Gladiator flat broke-down @ 307 odometer miles, was towed back to dealer, where it sits today.

Our current vehicles are just way too complicated to be reliable.

I surely wish I could get my 1974 I-H “Scout-II” back. . . . . . .

leVieux

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    >
    For my last two new truck purchases, I looked long & hard at Tacomas.

Several friends drive them.

The currrent owner complaints are the exact same as 20 years back: Uncomfortable drivers seat, road noise, & high repair costs.

Lst time I bought a F150 4WD, this time a JEEEP Gladiator.

I just accepted lesser fuel mileage in the compromises.

BTW, the Gladiator flat broke-down @ 307 odometer miles, was towed back to dealer, where it sits today.

Our current vehicles are just way too complicated to be reliable.

I surely wish I could get my 1974 I-H “Scout-II” back. . . . . . .

leVieux

74 scout would be great. No complaints on my end on the drivers seat. I’ve heard it’s not properly oriented for some but I’ve never had a problem with it. As far as road noise goes my last car was a convertible so this is way quieter, and my first car was an 01 mustang GT with an O/R x pipe and bunch of suspension mods and sound deadening removed in some areas as well as shitty ford plastic interiors that would creak and rattle so this is quiet by comparison lol.

Reliability wise, I bought it at 39K miles in April 2021 and now I’m at 55K~. No issues as of yet so I’m not oriented to the costs of repairs as of this time. Many people complain about how the car jumps around between gears and struggles to find the right one. My friend has a 2021 that does that. My truck is a 2019 and it doesn’t have that problem thankfully lol. It’s just worked fine so far.

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    74 scout would be great. No complaints on my end on the drivers seat. I’ve heard it’s not properly oriented for some but I’ve never had a problem with it. As far as road noise goes my last car was a convertible so this is way quieter, and my first car was an 01 mustang GT with an O/R x pipe and bunch of suspension mods and sound deadening removed in some areas as well as shitty ford plastic interiors that would creak and rattle so this is quiet by comparison lol.

Reliability wise, I bought it at 39K miles in April 2021 and now I’m at 55K~. No issues as of yet so I’m not oriented to the costs of repairs as of this time. Many people complain about how the car jumps around between gears and struggles to find the right one. My friend has a 2021 that does that. My truck is a 2019 and it doesn’t have that problem thankfully lol. It’s just worked fine so far.
    Hello there Jakashh.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

At some point I’m gonna need a car to get from my house near Arlington to Toyota/Lexus clients in Plano. My 14 mpg truck isn’t practical even with mileage reimbursement.

Was leaning toward a used Lexus, possibly hybrid…but now am also adding the GR Corolla to the mix.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    At some point I’m gonna need a car to get from my house near Arlington to Toyota/Lexus clients in Plano. My 14 mpg truck isn’t practical even with mileage reimbursement.

Was leaning toward a used Lexus, possibly hybrid…but now am also adding the GR Corolla to the mix.

That GR Corolla is awesome. Love that it’s AWD and the top trim looks to have a rear seat delete with a spare tire rack lol. Wish I lived somewhere with more dirt roads lol.

Top Bottom