Join TexasGunTalk

when your wife does not understand

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by JCC, Oct 1, 2019.

1. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Not all of us are ***** whooped! When my wife slipped out of her petite panties on our wedding night I slipped them over my head & went to poking & stroking! Her permission has never been an issue. One year I spent the whole month of our anniversary in Africa hunting. No permission once again! I did bring back a nice carved ivory bracelet for her.

2. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    LimpAjarFoxhound-size_restricted.gif
    [​IMG]

Southpaw likes this.
  3. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Even though our finances are separate, there are some purchases she makes, or I make, that we'll question.
    Especially if a certain someone needs a float on their share of the mortgage...

A few years back, I had a custom Glock 10 made for her.
    Ever since then, she doesn't raise an eyebrow over my gun/hobby purchases.

JCC likes this.
  4. candcallen

candcallen Well-Known

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I guess the bottom line is you dont stay married longer than a few years unless you can work shit out.

I dont hold high Hope's for many long term relationships from the last couple generations. You have two whole generations of people that grew up in the participation trophy everyone is special right to not be offended era. They cant excell at work or play well with others and think they "deserve" a job or living wage or free shit.

Like the man said, "deserves got nothing to do with it".

5. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

My sisters kids are proof of this. She was divorced right after the younget was born. Her 3 kids grew up somewhat dysfunctional. The oldest daughter has 4 kids with 3 different guys. The youngest a boy has 5 kids & has been married 3 times & is divorced living with #4.

The middle daughter married a Marine & has 5 kids all with him & they are still married.

6. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    The trick really is to find someone who views money, spending, rearing children, etc. similarly. I didn't have them for long, but I remember my parents fought over only one thing - money. I vowed as a 4 year old to never do that, and to date I never have. If my wife sets her heart on something, I'm going to figure out how to make it happen. She does the same for me.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  7. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    39 years....and shes a shooter.

Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar, ZX9RCAM and Vaquero like this.
  8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    29 years with this second one. If either of us wants something I figure out if/when we can afford it. Our rule is no surprises, if you want something more than a couple hundred bucks it needs a heads up.

Dad_Roman and JCC like this.
  9. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Funny, when we want something we just get it. Kinda sucks the wind outta Christmas and Birthdays though cause when you ask whatcha want the answer is always "nothin".

Southpaw, TxStetson, Vaquero and 2 others like this.
  10. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Buying a few guns for my wife helped her get comfortable with the overall hobby as well.

Dancing Heretik and pronstar like this.