• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I'm out-of-shape and trying to get back into mountain biking with an old, cheapo Costco bike with no suspension. Now that the days are longer, I've gone a few times to the Trinity River Levee roads near downtown Dallas after work. Nothing technical or difficult about those roads, but since they're dirt and gravel, you can't really use a road bike on them. Main problem with the levee roads is access, or lack thereof. Really no place to park anywhere nearby that's safe, unfortunately. Many, many years ago, I used to ride the trails around Grapevine Lake, the Southwest Center Mall, Northwest Hwy, Cedar Hill State Park and Lavon Lake. I don't even know if some of those trails still exist now, though.

c_m_shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Paradise
    I'm out-of-shape and trying to get back into mountain biking with an old, cheapo Costco bike with no suspension. Now that the days are longer, I've gone a few times to the Trinity River Levee roads near downtown Dallas after work. Nothing technical or difficult about those roads, but since they're dirt and gravel, you can't really use a road bike on them. Main problem with the levee roads is access, or lack thereof. Really no place to park anywhere nearby that's safe, unfortunately. Many, many years ago, I used to ride the trails around Grapevine Lake, the Southwest Center Mall, Northwest Hwy, Cedar Hill State Park and Lavon Lake. I don't even know if some of those trails still exist now, though.

Check out DORBA's website. They have trail maps and trail stewards keep the conditions updated on the site.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Thanks, CM Shooter. Looked up their site and found that Boulder Park is still in existence. Lots of great info on other trails, too.

Top Bottom