• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorianjgrey

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Richardson
    Howdy y'all,

I'd be much obliged, as they say, if anyone could point me in the direction of a place to buy a few AR parts, specifically a mil spec receiver extension tube in the North Dallas area. Failing that, I'm open to anywhere in the metroplex. I'd prefer to keep the parts higher end.

Thanks!

DJ
    Capitol Armory ad

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Cheaper than dirt in McKinney is the only place I've been to that has actual AR parts and not just accessories

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    www.delta3tactical.com

This guy has some great service!! I ordered a spikes LPK from him and about 5 minutes after I submitted he called me and told me that he was out of the "kits" but he had all the parts to build me a kit and wanted to ask if that was ok. I am very happy with them!

Dorianjgrey

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Richardson
    dont-worry-sir-im-from-internet.jpg

Thanks kindly for the help. Believe it or not, I know about the internet shops, joeboboutfitters.com has been good to me. I was looking for a local brick and mortar that might have a few bits I wanted before the weekend to complete a spare lower. I'll see if I can get lucky at Cheaper Than Dirt but it seems like their selection was pretty well picked over when I was there a few weeks ago.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    What is considered a high end buffertube? Will a lower end have wrong thread count or something?

I think he is referring to the size. Mil-spec and commercial are two different sizes (why they would do this, I have no idea. But the commercial is a little thicker. I don't think one is "better" than the other, but if your buying a stock, you need to know which one you have.

You can get spancy springs and heavier buffers, but as long as your castle nut is properly staked, I don't think it really matters.

EDIT: nvm, read his post better.

Dorianjgrey

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Richardson
    Can you help us with what you mean by high end stuff?

CTD and high end don't even belong in the same sentence IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I concur on CTD, which was why I posed my original query looking for other options. While I hope not to come across as a snobbish arse, all i meant by "higher end" was that I was looking for a little more PWS/Noveske and a little less UTG/Airsoft with regard to the selection at a given dealer, not necessarily a "higher end" receiver extension. But most of all, I needed a receiver extension before this weekend, and CTD came through. I had a good conversation with John of JPtensports who apparently has just what i was after, but our timing was a little off. So again, thanks for everyone's input. And if there are other shops, I'd love to hear about them.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Well, I must not have been paying attention all the other visits I'd made otherwise I'd have noticed that he had a whole wall of Magpul stuff along with some fancy AR's for sale He's got a Larue PredatAR with all black furniture instead of the ODG and full rails for $1450. VERY tempted to pick that up.

Oh, and the H&K USP 9mm is safely arrived at her new home ;)

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Thanks go out to John at JPTen for selling me a Magpul AFG2 at a decent price. I was just about to pull out all my hair looking for one locally or even an online retailer that wasn't backordered.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems latley "backorder" is the word of the day. It's been somewhat frustrating trying to find a specific barreled upper setup, but Looks like I'm about to dump that cash on something else. I'm sure they'll get some in stock the day after and run out the day I get back to it

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom