• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lgvelez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Hurst, Texas
    My hubby has a CHL, and I have never shot a handgun before. So I went to an NRA taught Basic Pistol course, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The next week (last week) I purchased a Beretta U22 Neos. We went to the firing range yesterday with son and daughter in law, and after 30 minutes I was starting to hurt. Hubby and I were sharing a lane, so we would take turns, but I was very disappointed with my body's reaction. It's a great gun, but too heavy for me, as I have arthritis in my hands and shoulders.

Now I would like to find NIB a Bersa Thunder 22LR, but I don't want to go through the hassle of buying one online and going through all the FFL stuff.

1. Does anyone know where these are sold locally? (DFW Area) - not at Academy
    2. What do you think of this little gun?

Thanks, Laura
    Guns International

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    Never shot the Thunder .22 but I do have a Thunder.380 that my wife and I both use from time too time, I can tell u that it's been nothing but reliable and accurate. It's definitely a pistol I'd recommend, and for the price and the lifetime warranty they're hard to beat. So while I can't speak to the .22 I have a feeling that if it's as good as it's bigger brother it should be a great pistol.

lgvelez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Hurst, Texas
    Thank you so much for your reply. Husband and I both totally agree with you. His gun of choice is the Bersa Thunder .380, and that's the weapon he got his license with. He has no complaints.
    I did not shoot his gun this weekend, but will the next time we go to the shooting range.

LGV

Hughree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Laura - B & S Guns in Garland had one or two a couple of weeks ago. I bought one there. Also, you can go to Davidson's Gun Genie at www.galleryofguns.com and check availability for the Bersa or Firestorm .22. They were in stock last week as well. The Firestorm is functinally the same pistol with different grips and trigger guard. Gun Genie will quote your prices delivered to dealers within your area code. These move fast so you might check without delay.

I have the Firestorm and Bersa .22's. They are fun pistols, reliable and surprisingly accurate.

God bless,

Hugh

lgvelez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Hurst, Texas
    Thank you all for your great replies. I went to a local gun shop, SMR here in Hurst, and since they are Bersa dealers, they ordered me a Firestorm 22LR I will have it on Wednesday. I am sooo excited!! Extra magazines, however, are on backorder. Yourgunparts.com are expecting theirs on Wednesday, so I ordered 3 of them.

My hubby has the Bersa Thunder .380 and loves it. He also likes my Beretta U22, which is too heavy for me to use for a long period of time.

You all have been so nice to this old Texas Grandma who has a new hobby. I never was around guns when growing up (in NY), and never even thought about messing with them. It is so much fun!!

Thanks again,
    Laura

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Bersa .380 puts the Walther PPK/S to shame every time.

Not as well polished or pretty, but goes "bang" every time.

It is my garage gun.

Be well.

Top Bottom