Guns International

Where do Criminals look for valuables/guns inside your house?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Hell - I like Roger4314's neighborhood! If more neighborhoods were like that, then criminals wouldn't have such an easy time doing the crap that they do.
    Of course, that requires people having personal responsibility and being active with their community.

As far as hiding places go - man, we've sure come a long ways from when my grand-dad would bury a bunch of half dollars in a mason jar next to the fourth mesquite tree from the right. :(

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Sure, you could put your firearm behind the A/C Filter, but the whole house would smell like Hoppe's #9...

I guess for some that wouldn't be a bad thing ;)

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    That's not such a bad idea. Maybe I can put a few drops of Hoppes on those old dryer sheets and reuse them so my clothes smell like Hoppes right out of the dryer.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That's not such a bad idea. Maybe I can put a few drops of Hoppes on those old dryer sheets and reuse them so my clothes smell like Hoppes right out of the dryer.

Hoppes scented dryer sheets? How about after shave smelling like Ole #9? Terrific ideas!

Flash

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Hoppes scented dryer sheets? How about after shave smelling like Ole #9? Terrific ideas!

Flash

i have said it before and will do so again here.

hoppes #9 is ALREADY an outstanding aftershave. dont go changing it.... if you must dilute it with some good whiskey or GunScrubber

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Back to the original question of “where are good hiding places”, I agree with TexasRedneck that these shouldn’t be shared in this forum as crooks could be watching. However I would suggest spending some time walking around your house looking for cracks and crevices where valuables can be hidden. The best hiding places are the ones that only you know about. Back in the 1800’s putting your cash in the mattress was a great idea until it became common knowledge. Find a place that no one would think of and keep it to yourself.
    Gun safes are great and I have two small ones to lockup my hand guns when I have visitors (especially my nieces and nephews), but I currently don’t have it in my budget for a big safe for my long guns. I do have a great hiding place though that already existed in my home. When I go out of town I put my two shotguns and my rifle in there as they are of great value to me. (two of them are family heirlooms)
    Take your time and walk around your house looking for places that even you haven’t thought of before. You’ll probably surprise yourself. Just remember to keep it to yourself. People talk and word gets around, just like the mattress idea from long ago.

Excellent advice, especially until the time (and funds) become available for a bigger, heavier safe and security system. Another thought I had with this question was not just to hide thes items from the standard criminals, but in scenerios much like Katrina where you have militarized police showing up on your doorstep and confiscating homeowners guns "just because".

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    It's about time we see some common sense with regards to gun confiscation. It is conceivable that one day, our dear friend, provider, and protector "da gubmint" might pay a visit to anyone in their NICS database and say "show us da money" ( or in this case, da guns).

Top Bottom