• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    [FONT=helvetica, verdana, arial]Gaboon, Southern Nigeria, Cameroon, and Zaire :D Gaboon Ebony is known to be the blackest wood on earth. Otherwise, diamondwood or any other good wood for grips, stained black.

The flash brings out colors you can't see in the wood. In person it looks black and with a very close look you can see subtle touches of deep cherry and blond colors in parts. Absolutly beautiful!!

2437069307_ea9af6cb39_o.png

[/FONT]

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I Googled it and found a few sites and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. But of course, I don't know what the grain looks like and the size stock you'd need may be more.

fernys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Thanx guys ! Also what do u all recomend to make black wood or any wood shiny after sanding?

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I've got a great joke but cannot tell it as I do not want my wife to smack me upside the head..I found some nice grips at Esmerelda.com.

stockFD3S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    I Googled it and found a few sites and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. But of course, I don't know what the grain looks like and the size stock you'd need may be more.

I'm surprised you actually found what you were looking for with "black wood" as a search term.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    BTW, I think this thread can be filed. This guy posted same these questions on more than 1 site; kind of a drive-by. Maybe he's actually trying to make some grips, but he seems to have just disappeared.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    jktex is dead on with the gaboon ebony. also madagascar ebony or maybe wenge. look on evil-bay. you can find all kinds of exotic woords in different sizes shapes and amounts for some pretty good prices.

i love the looks of high end musical instruments (electric guitars and basses) and thiers exotic woods. i would love to have a set of grips in bubinga or a buckeye burl, or wenge

Top Bottom