• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I have a little spot out in trinity bay thats great for the reds durring winter and great for trout in the spring. you drive down I-10 and take exit 556 its right past the old and lost rivers towards the town of Cove then after heading down FM565 you take FM 3180 that turns into FM 2354 and then turn onto McCullum Park rd and park at McCullum State Part and walk till you can find a way to get down to trinity bay ,you'll see what i mean about finding a way to get to the bay when you get there, when you get in the water take a left and start walking. its about a 1/2 mile wade to get to the hydroelectric station and let me tell you it is worth it! get fishing from reds and trout to bull shark and snook seems like everything is there even caught a few little puffer fish in my cast net and the SHRIMP! dont bring anything but shrimp for bait but catching your own isnt hard unless you donmt know how to throw a cast net becaseu the rocks are killer! but the water is around 80 degrees year round so the reds pack in durring the winter. but dragging them back on a gill rope makes you wonder if they are worth keeping!

Austin my wife loves to fish. I'll have to tell her of this place. Maybe you can meet us there one Sunday

RCP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Little Elm, TX
    Lake Lewisville mainly for me because i live about 5 minutes from the ramp but I have been to Ray Roberts and Lavon a few times. If anyone ever wants to go chase some kittiefish or crappie sometime drop me a line. I have a decrepit aluminum jon boat but it gets the job done!

pee021.jpg

oregon072.jpg

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    When I cannot be in Colorado (RMNP area) or Northern NM (Chama area), it's the Lower Mountain Fork River in SE OK. Just learned about it last year. One of the last places I would ever think to find Rainbow trout fishing! The stockers are not much of a challenge, but it is a cheap fly fishing fix!

I can only get to wild trout waters of CO and NM once or twice a year. I usually hit the LMF 3 or 4 times through the winter season from Houston.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom