• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockmeister

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I usually fish of a private dock up at a friends house of Lake Travis. Can't afford a boat, so I have to live with two legs on dry land.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    My back yard.. that's my shepherd he loves the water

IMG_0612.jpg

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I go to Lake Dunlap in New Braunfels or Canyon Lake myself. Nothing compares to stock tank fishing in my book though. I've caught some big bass in medium sized stock tanks. I just don't know anybody anymore that has one!

Austin Cowart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    well

I have a little spot out in trinity bay thats great for the reds durring winter and great for trout in the spring. you drive down I-10 and take exit 556 its right past the old and lost rivers towards the town of Cove then after heading down FM565 you take FM 3180 that turns into FM 2354 and then turn onto McCullum Park rd and park at McCullum State Part and walk till you can find a way to get down to trinity bay ,you'll see what i mean about finding a way to get to the bay when you get there, when you get in the water take a left and start walking. its about a 1/2 mile wade to get to the hydroelectric station and let me tell you it is worth it! get fishing from reds and trout to bull shark and snook seems like everything is there even caught a few little puffer fish in my cast net and the SHRIMP! dont bring anything but shrimp for bait but catching your own isnt hard unless you donmt know how to throw a cast net becaseu the rocks are killer! but the water is around 80 degrees year round so the reds pack in durring the winter. but dragging them back on a gill rope makes you wonder if they are worth keeping!

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I fish when I can in the big water of the gulf, I need to get the boat out and head out to my spots off P.A. I need to fill the freezer with Red sniper and kings.

I will fish hte bays around Rockport/Fulton as I lived there for a bit and have a few honey holes .

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Lately, I've been going to the Texas City Dike with my 8 year old. Had a nice 17ft. Bonito that I use to fish the Galveston Bay system, but I had to sell it due to a divorce.:(

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    My local grocery store..Nowhere good near me.I miss the fishing I used to do when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY.

GGarcia187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Lake Ray Hubbard.

I try to take the boat out at least once a week on Lake Ray Hubbard. It's a little slow this time of year, but the Hybrids and Sandies are slowly showing up again.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    With the bosses at Hasselman's Bay. Private island with living quarters for the whole guided weekend fishing trip in San Antonio Bay.

atxbandit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If you go to Granger Lake you can fish the pier at Fox park. You can usually catch crappie a little off the bottom. Just watch out for the christmas trees that are submerged. I went out yesterday, 9-4, and caught a bunch of small ones and 3 keepers. I was fishing the middle of the day before I went dove hunting so it may have been real good near sunset.
    Good luck

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Just moved to this house in Aug 1st and haven't been out there yet, but I'm about 1/2 block from the lake Lewisville water. Plan on seeing what goodies are in it tomorrow. Figure, grab a few rods, bait, comfy chair and a cooler of beer.... I'll walk on down there.

worm_smiley.jpg

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    If you go to Granger Lake you can fish the pier at Fox park. You can usually catch crappie a little off the bottom. Just watch out for the christmas trees that are submerged. I went out yesterday, 9-4, and caught a bunch of small ones and 3 keepers. I was fishing the middle of the day before I went dove hunting so it may have been real good near sunset.
    Good luck

sounds too good to be true... fishing before a dove hunt.. i wish we all could be so lucky

anyone know of anything close to Austin if you don't have to much boat access.. I know all the rivers around but i have not found any honey holes...

Top Bottom