• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtredneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Channelview,Tx
    Ok I had a great time at Pruett's they treated me great and had a great selection they answered all my questions and where a bunch of nice folks.
    Ok now where is Tomball Pawn do they sell a bunch of used guns people have lost or are they like a gun shop with a lot of new stuff??:patriot:
    Guns International

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Madhouse, I did not have a postive experience at Pruett's and will not do business there. I have talked with several others that do not care to shop there either. I have been shopping at Tomball Pawn now for about 17 years and I have never had a less than pleasant experience there. As far as I am concerned Tomball is a far better gun shop with better service.

Bummer. I'll say, Jim's wife, Joy is the one that does most of the call-ins to the FBI and calls when you have transfers come in, and she's one of the nicest ladies on the planet. I've seen a couple sales follks come and go, but if you talk to Jim directly about what you're looking for I think you will get it if he has it.

Anyway, bummer to hear they didn't take care of you.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Based on what someone said earlier about prices at Pruett's, which led me to believe that maybe he'd dropped his prices to more reasonable levels, I went in for a visit this past Friday. I need only give one example...Yugo SKS's for $475.00. What a joke.

I have also previously stated that I have, on more than one occasion, heard either Jim or his workers giving a line of B.S. to unsuspecting customers, especially women. Believe it or not, it happened again while I was there this time, with Jim spewing a mile-long sales pitch about how great a particular NAA pocket pistol is to a female customer. He even went so far as to call their "gunsmith" over for him to give his opinion. Yeah, right, like his opinion is unbiased. Gimme a break. What ever happened to the responsibility of educating a new shooter on different types of firearms, training, etc. No, let's just point her to something for a quick sale. I had to leave when Jim started bragging to her about how he could split a playing card in half with a pocket pistol. :banghead:

sgtredneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Channelview,Tx
    If it's so bad I just wouldn't go there again but they had a good price on what I was looking for and bought it and i'm not new to the game so I can see straight through BS when it is shot at me.But they know that and they are salesmen and they know who they can shoot it to and who they can't. Not that I agree with it but that is any business these day's there should be more morales to it than that on a subject like this but now day's it's about that ole mighty dollar. Oh yea on the yugo sks's I have 2 of them I bought at a gun shop in highland's,tx about 8 or 9 yrs ago for $69.95 each and there that much now go figure.
    my 2 cents what it's worth on this matter.
    have a great day
    tommy:patriot:

Top Bottom